cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

Go to solution
Journeyman

the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

As of android 6.16.651.2 my phone constantly turns on and off my Bluetooth when it is connected to my car. Please help.

52 REPLIES 52
Master

Re: the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

Coldfirejc,

We apologize for the inconvenience this update has caused you. We will report this issue and see if we can provide a resolution as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

- Jodi-Ann
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Our two HTC one phones are experiencing this on two different cars.  Makes it impossible to make calls. Please help.

Master

Altadena_Mark- This is not what we like to hear. Have you tried reconnecting your Bluetooth to your car? To reconnect Setting> Bluetooth> Menu (Top right of screen) > Touch the name of the paired device> If prompted enter passcode, try 0000 or 1234. If not, consult device documentation. If we can assist you with anything else let us know, we are here to help. - Mele Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Doesn't fix the issue.  HTC is useless as well.  I called them and they had me "wipe cache partition" to no avail.  Issue still persists.   With no way to revert back to the previous OS and Sprint/HTC having no clue what to do, what's the next step?  State Law requires most people to be hands free with their phones in cars and now we cannot do this.

Journeyman

The phone connects to the car via Bluetooth without problems.  It just keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on its own. You can drive for 30 minutes and it disconnects and reconnects a half dozen times. Re-pairing does not fix the problem. Two different HTC 1 phones on two different cars.  It's the software update that's the problem.  This didn't happen before the update with these two phones and two cars.

GrandMaster

but its only happening on pre built in BT stereos correct? as in you purchased the vehicle and it came pre installed from factory right?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

JJDOBSON - We understand your frustration regarding this matter. We will work together with the manufacturer to come up with a fix as soon as possible. - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This happens with the built-in BT of two different model VWs.  Yes we purchased the vehicle with pre-installed from factory.

Journeyman

I realize this won't help and I'm not excusing the flaws in the Lollipop release, but the BT connections were wonky on VWs with our phones before the update. I think its BT software on them. I had a '12 Jetta TDi that would go through the playlist in Music app whenever a notification happened. This was true for both my and my wife's HTC Ones. Annoyed the hell out of us. We recently replaced it with a '14 Jetta TDi, looks to be the same head unit as the '12, and no problems with the BT. My wife updated her phone to Lollipop and hasn't had any of the problems everyone else has gotten, including BT connects.

Me? I'm not as trusting and am holding out on the update.

Master

Hello BWinc,

We appreciate your post! The creator of the device is in charge of sending out the updates therefore please contact HTC at (866) 449-8358.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Not only will my Bluetooth not work, but I can't check my voicemail either. I open the icon and it immediately closes.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat