cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

Well it appears that the Sprint Zone update that I performed and described in an earlier post has fixed the problem in our two HTC one phones and our VW CC and VW GTI.  We can each make and receive calls, and the disconnection problem did not occur during my 20 minute commute home.  So I'm hoping that this will be a permanent fix.  I'll report back if the problem reappears.  Just to let you know both VWs are 2011 model year.  Hope this helps.

Master

Altadena_Mark, We're happy that your issue has been resolved. If you need assistance with anything else, please let us know. - Tamika
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did several full restores and it di not fix the problem.

However I did fix the problem today.

Even though I had wiped my phone's cache, and wiped the phone back to factory defaults, none of that fixed the bluetooth issue with connecting to my phone.

Today I decided to look at the suggestion in post 113 here

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79488#c113

which is to find the app "Bluetooth Share" and delete the cache and data.

To do this, head intoSettings -> Apps -> Scroll over to All -> Select Bluetooth Share -> Clear Cache and delete Data. After doing this, power down your phone or tablet and boot back up.

That worked, now my phone can connect to my car stereo, and functions correctly with the Pioneer apps, since all the touchscreen sensing is done via bluetooth.

I tried it again later today several times, and it worked fine again!

Journeyman

Sorry for the late reply....SprintZone didn't work for me because the the app would not open. Over the last couple of drives back-and-forth to work my phone kept rebooting on its own; I didn't have this issue while in my office all day. I thought maybe it might have to do with location services (since that Quallcom message wouldn't accept my response) so I turned off location detection. That didn't work.

Next I turned off wifi. I thought my phone was maybe freaking out between the free hot spots. Still was rebooting.

Finally I tried turning off the bluetooth but every time I tried it would reboot. Just so you know I'm still in my car at this point. (Not texting, just playing with very detailed settings on my phone. Much safer).

When I got to my office I tried deleting the cache and bluetooth data but it didn't clear out my bluetooth devices. I had to delete them one by one. I didn't have time/patience to get back in the car and drive around again to see if that took care of my problems. As I mentioned earlier, three BT devices I use on a regular basis were having issues up to now.

After combing the internet I realized that the best resolution seemed to be to reset my phone. I'll slowly add back my apps and info over the weekend. I just got from lunch and I had no problems with the BT in my car, SprintZone works, and no other issues to date.

Hopefull, problem solved.

Journeyman

No. Please see end of thread

Master

cav14

Hopefully you resetting the device works. Please let us know if you continue to have issues with the device rebooting.

Jameel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well the issue has NOT been resolve. The phone disconnected and reconnect at least 6 times in an hour drive. So the problem persists.

Master

Altadena_Mark,
We've had reports from users experiencing similar issues. They were able to correct theirs by performing a factory reset. Have you done that yet?
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Bluetooth issues on my HTC One M7. Media option doesn't reconnect to car audio. What's going on. This just started after Lollipop update. When I reported this to Sprint two weeks ago you passed me off to my car manufacturer (Mazda) and HTC. Did all the troubleshooting steps and still has the issue. Now I see others have this problem. It is clearly a bug with the update. Please fix!

Master

TroyinTampa -

Unfortunately, we are seeing the same Bluetooth issue with other customers. For some customers, a factory reset has fixed the issue.

- Luis
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You know.  I've spend a lot of time setting up and getting my HTC one phone the way I like it. Also, paid for some programs.  I really DO NOT want to do a factory reset. Even on restoring from a backup, it takes time to get it to the current state.  We should not be required to do a factory reset for a problem initiated by Sprint/HTC. 

Master

Altadena_Mark -

Thank you for this information. Sprint and HTC are aware of the issues with the last Lollipop update. They are working to find a solution. In the mean time please use the Sprint Zone App to update the phone's Profile and PRL, then restart the phone and try to use the phone Bluetooth again. Please let us know if this fixed the issue.

- Luis
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat