cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

Go to solution
Master

Re: the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

Altadena_Mark,

Thank you for letting us know about this. Are you able to connect other Bluetooth devices to your phone?

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I can connect to a Bluetooth radio and  play music. My  phone  directory transfers to the car via Bluetooth, but I  cannot make calls. It says dialing failed. This is in addition to the connecting and disconnecting constantly while driving.

Journeyman

Same here.  Since the Android 5.0.2 update (6.16.651.2) my HTC ONE phone will no longer connect to my Pioneer Appradio 2 car stereo!  This means that the stereo is almost useless! 

I have un-paired and re-paired the bluetooth on both devices many times.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Pioneer Apps several times.  I also did a factory reset and reinstalled the pioneer Apps.  Since the 5.0.2 update I have only been able to get the phone to connect to the car stereo 3 times, each time was right after deleting the pairs and reinstalling the Apps.  And then the next time I got in the car, they would no longer connect again.  Now after resetting the phone to factory defaults and reinstalling the apps, I have not gotten them to connect over bluetooth again!

Master

Altadena_Mark - How long has this happened? Have you tried troubleshooting using Sprint Zone? - Oricha Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This has happened since the new android operating system update (lollipop).  The phone(s) worked fine in our two cars.  Last night I could not make calls.  I received the error message 'dialing failed'. This morning I went to Sprint Zone, went to support, went to update profile and the phone did some updating and rebooted.  I was able to make a couple of phone calls while the car was parked.  I'll let you know this afternoon if the phone works while the ignition is on and on the road, not sitting in a parking lot with only the radio on (not idling).

Master

Altadena_Mark - Thank you for keeping us up to date, we will be waiting for your post.
- Pascale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Throwing my bluetooth issues out there as well....BT phone/radio in my Dodge vehicle; my Sony headphones; and my fitness band-- all are having problems since Lollipop

Master

cav14 - Have you tried troubleshooting your phone using Sprint Zone?
- Pascale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

After my upgrade to lollipop was successful it asked me to upgrade "google play services.".  I'm not sure if this will help resolve the issue, but "google play services" is heavily tied into the android OS.  My version after the upgrade for "google play services" is 6.5.99

Journeyman

My google play services had been updated to 6.5.99 and I was still having the Bluetooth issues.  I will report back later to see if the Sprint Zone update fixed my problem.

Journeyman

Has anyone else had problems with their voicemail since the update?

Master

Altadena_Mark - We will be waiting on your update.
- Pascale
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat