cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: the new android update ruined my Bluetooth!

nothing on my end..by chance is your phone sync'd up through google voice or anything like that?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

capt7 - What kind of phone do you have? What kind of issue are you having with your voicemail?
- Pascale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have an HTC One. I have voicemails that I cannot check. Every time I press the icon, it opens and immediately closes. Also I'm having the same issues with Bluetooth in my car. It goes in and out. However, I contacted Dodge and they said that my update is more advanced than their system and I would have to wait until their system catches up. I didn't have any of these problems until I updated my phone.

GrandMaster

good to hear...more than likely this is the same issue the others are seeing. especially since the majority of the people having this issue are seeing it on factory installed BT stereos and not after market ones like what i have in my truck which works fine.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. I fixed my voicemail problem I think. I had to go into my apps and delete the data and cache and that seemed to fix it. Hopefully we will have a solution soon for the Bluetooth.

GrandMaster

didnt dodge in your case just tell you that your vehicles BT is now behind your phones OS? just from what you posted that they said i would think that at least in your case youre needing a update pushed to your stereo in order for it to be up to speed again with Lollipop.

the voicemail deal ..that was going to be my next question lol...this doesnt fix it for everyone though..

Wizard

Hello, The bluetooth in your phone and in your car act like the computer in your home. If you upgrade the operating system the version of the bluetooth may not be compatible with your phone. Same with your car. You may have to find the correct BT files and download them to your phone to make it work right. This really depends on how old your car is. I know when I upgraded my computer to windows 8.1 my BT no longer work until I upgraded my phone. This could be the issue. You can try a partition wipe. That may or may not work for the BT.

Master

capt7 - We will be happy to help you with this. I will need you to follow those steps, you will need to tap on settings>apps>scroll to all apps>select voicemail>clear data and cache. Please post back to inform us if you are still unable to access your voicemail after you completed those steps.
- Pascale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have a 2014 Dodge. They did say that there was an update for my stereo, but they also asked for my software info on my phone and said they didn't have compatibility with my current version yet.

Journeyman

Thank you all for your help and replies.

GrandMaster

yah since Lollipop just came out recently im not to surprised..then again app developers have had it in their greasy mits for a while now so they could make their apps compatible as well lol. this is why you see the same type of issues with some apps compared to others..they just havent been updated yet.

Journeyman

as painful as it sounds a full factory restore is what you need to do. it fixed all of my issues with Bluetooth on my vehicle.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat