cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Function + Fashion

Journeyman

haa.jpgSo my first reaction when I got my Harmon/Kardon SOHO II Noise Cancellation In Ear Headphones was, "Oh my! These are sexy!!!" As you can see in the picture to the left they are an elegant brush metal headset with plenty of cord to keep you connected from any reasonable distance.

Now I have dabbled with Active Noise Cancellation headphones in the past, specifically with the Original Beats by Dre headphones. However for me, I am not a huge fan of over the head headphones at all. They make me feel like a DJ and add unneeded weight to my small framed body...I have to stay nimble and quick on my toes!

So with that said I am relatively new to the whole Active Noise Cancellation scene, as it is extremely difficult to package the punch needed to be a quality product in a small form factor.

Well Harmon/Kardon nailed this! Not only are these headphones sleek and irresistibly beautiful on the eyes, they work extremely well. My typical usage of headphones consist of while I'm working and while I'm mowing the lawn. It has since expanded to while I am running errands, and dare I say I have started to go running in the evenings just to have another excuse to use these...that and my wife has begged me to be more active

So how well do they function? Glad you asked! When you first use the headphones (with the Active Noise Cancellation turned off) they sound dull, and to be honest I would prefer my standard headset to these. When you flip the switch however; your ears are overcome with high quality and beautiful depth in sound. The bass sounds terrific, not too obnoxious not too low just the right amount without sacrificing the vocals. The music itself comes in crystal clear and makes my music listening even more pleasurable.

As far as noise canceling is concerned at first I felt they met expectations; however, after some use I have changed my tune (pun intended ). While these will drown out or cancel 99% of the ambient noises around you, if your try hard enough....and I want to make sure you understand me, you have to try hard enough, you can still hear things going on around you. However, if you allow yourself to get lost in the music, you honestly will never realize things are happening around you.

For instance, it is a long standing tradition on my team that when it is your birthday we celebrate with pie and other yummy treats. These social gatherings literally take place 5-7 feet behind me, outside of my workspace, and everyone is talking and laughing and having a fun time. Well two days ago we celebrated a co-workers birthday. Here I sat in my cube working diligently to meet a deadline when I decided to come up for air and go grab a nice refreshing Coke Cola Classic...to my surprise my co-workers were behind me passing around pie and enjoying the break and wishing our co-worker Happy Birthday. They claimed they had noticed I was feverishly working and didn't want to disturb me; yet, I think it's a safe bet that they wanted more pie for themselves! To be honest, up until that point "the jury was still out" on how well these produced on their claims...But once I allowed myself to enjoy the the music and quit trying so hard to see if I could hear outside noises, they over exceeded expectations.

The SOHO II's and I still have a lot to experience, but for now we are building a very long lasting friendship!

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.