cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: The New Harmon/Kardon SOHO II NC

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint has a very special relationship with Harmon Kardon, from here on out will be referred to as HK. You can thank Softbank for this, among several other things of course. Anyway… based on this relationship, we were fortunate to launch yet another surprising and amazing product exclusive for Softbank and Sprint, The HK SOHO II Noise Cancelling ear buds.

Now I don’t know about you, the reader, but I have never really heard or used a NC earbud. In my mind, a NC device has to be those big over the ear pilot style headsets which provide the physical cover over your ears and seal them comfortably, and then have various technologies to reduce whatever minimal noise cancellation needed.

However, I was quite shocked and surprised (pleasantly of course) to see HK has a product that boasts NC in earbuds. So I was like, why not… let’s give them a shot.

hk_soho_ii.JPG

The packaging looks pretty neat as you would expect for any premium product. Once you take it out of the box, you find 2x3.5mm cables, one in black and one in matching silver/steel color. The buds are connected to a box, that you could scratch your head all day to figure out what it is, happens to be a battery pack and NC control box with a switch and 3 different sizes of ear hooks, as I like to call them, to fit your ears.

One thing I learned the hard way was to not ignore the owner’s manual as there is no info on this product on HK’s website. Also the manual lacks content, plain and simple however it told me that the black box is a battery and how I need to charge it. Basically you use the provided USB cable and either plug it in to a wall charger or a laptop. What would be nice is that there would be a battery life display or LED of some sort. But that’s what you get for exclusive products.

Now on to the actual sound. I must say not bad at all for ear buds. If you are going to use them to create a quiet environment for you to relax in like an airplane without audio, you need to find something else, as I do realize that is where the physical size matters. However, if you have any sort of audio input, whether it be a video or music, you will definitely hear a difference between the on and off NC modes. The volume gets louder, the vocals become clearer. And, they are so small and easy to carry thanks to the provided pouch, I just carry them with me wherever I go.

So all in all, pretty good for their size and I do believe HK is trying to penetrate a market where Bose reigns supreme. I wish them nothing but good luck and am very excited to see what they come up with next.

Until Next Time

- Your Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”