cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors - My Experience with the SOHO II NC Earbuds' Battery Life

Journeyman

So as a new user of Active Noise Canceling headphones I was initially dreading the need to charge yet another item every day. To circumvent this need after their initial charge I plugged them into my PC and had the USB charger charging them 100% of the time...Several days later though, I had to "borrow" that microUSB cable to help charge yet another gadget of mine...in true fashion I forgot to return the cable to its intended device after I was done "borrowing" it.

The following day I came in, started up my music, and went about my day...and then the next. It was about half way through that second day that I finally realized what I had done. But I only came to realize this after the battery finally died on me. Fortunately the Active Noise Canceling does work immediately once plugged in. But what I found from my initial mistake/forgetfulness is that the battery life on this thing is one that for me, under promises and over delivers - unlike some phones .

After this finding I was more willing to take them to and from work...and since then I have used them with great enjoyment on my devices such as the ROKU 3, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and my old school iPod (love the click wheel!!!) And now I can attest to the SOHO II's ability to make all audio entertainment more compelling to listen too, as well as it's ability to drown out the background disturbances such as: lawn mowers (not completely but drastically!), my 18 month old baby (when Mom is home of course) as well as everyday noises while grocery shopping. I have taken calls on them, and while on mute I have rolled down the car window and they performed perfectly.

But back to the battery....

Fast forward a week later and as we were leaving for CO on vacation I let my 11 year old use the SOHO II's for the car ride (12-14 hours). He used them the duration of the ride, unlike me he remembered to turn the unit off after he was done listening. He continued to use them for the week while sledding/skiing and of course for the car ride back...and not once did he have to charge them, granted he was very good about turning them off. But the point is, these headphones are capable of providing you such high quality audio for such long extended periods of time between charges.

Now I have not had the ability to compare this battery life to other Active Noise Cancellation headphones, but to be honest this performs better than I need it to and better than what I feel is reasonably acceptable. The product boasts "Over 35 hours of playtime," and I would agree strongly with that "Over" part.

To recap, if you are very disciplined in turning them off - they will last a week on what I consider high usage...When I forget to turn them off they net me +2.5 days. Also they can perform while charging (even after being completely drained and then being plugged in!)

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."