cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harman-Kardon Blog

0 Comments

localeBand.jpg

Finally having a premium pair of headphones really does change a lot of things. Having the HK SOHO II headphones really has made my media consumption much more enjoyable. Listening to music is the most obvious, but when I connect them to my Roku or PC to play some games and movies really come to life as well. Harman Kardon has really spoiled me with their noise cancelation feature.  Playing several pc games really has been a lot of fun with the headset. The HK’s really make you feel you have an expensive surround sound setup in your home. The battery as I mentioned before is really impressive. I have had these headphones for almost two months and have only needed to charge once and it took about an hour. I would say 1 hour every couple of months is pretty spectacular, if only our phones would last that long! I would absolutely recommend these headphones to a friend or an audiophile looking for a new headset.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Logo-HarmanKardon.jpg

Just getting back from vacation I had a great chance to sit down and test the HK SOHO II. I can’t explain how well these headphones sound. With the Noise cancelling amplifier they really have the quality I have been looking for. You can really submerge yourself in your media with no distractions. The bass was very deep and didn’t sound very natural without all the software tricks they have presently. The angled ear inserts really keep the headphones locked into your ears without having to readjust every few minutes like I do with most headphones. It is extremely hard to hear happening around you without having the volume off completely. The great part about the amplifier has a rechargeable battery via micro usb. It’s been a week of listening averaging between 3-4 hours a day without having to charge the amplifier yet. They claim up to 35 hours of listening, that’s really impressive for how small it is. The SOHO II’s come with a great suede carrying case so you don’t lose the attachments or the headphones themselves. This really keeps my headphones from tangling and making sure they are not being damaged while being transported. The box also comes with a flight adapter so the travel worriers are covered as well. A cable and extra 3.5 mm male to male jack is included in case the original is lost or damaged, plus they have included a micro usb cable. Very impressed so far, will continue to review the headphones further!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

airplane-cabin.jpg

Having had the HK SOHO II’s for a month I am still very impressed and have a hard time using any other headphones without remorse. I was able to use the HK’s on a plane trip and they worked out fantastic. With the noise cancelation feature the screaming baby behind me didn't bother me at all. In fact I didn't even know he was sitting behind me until after I took them out on a break. The Airplane adapter worked perfectly, I plugged the adapter in to the seat and was able to use my headphones as normal. My plane offered satellite radio for the duration so that was a fantastic excuse to catch up on sports radio during the flight. It’s been a month since I charged the amplifier and it shows no signs of slowing down. The HK’s have at least 40 hours of use so far on one charge. The included bag also makes it a nice experience so I can keep my adapters and amplifier all together without losing or damaging my headphones. These headphones really are made for the traveler more than anything else. They made my loud and crazy flight manageable which I couldn't have asked for more. If you looking into a great quality headset, amazing sound and travel friendly look no further than the HK SOHO II's.

0 Comments

Los audifonos Harman Kardon SOHO II NC no son los mas baratos en el mercado, pero si valen la pena por ciertos motivos.

Que quiere decir "NC"?

NC es "Noise Cancelling" en ingles.  Es la accion de eliminar ruido ambiental.  Al principio, no creia que esta accion importaba hasta que los compare con otros audifonos.  Los audifonos Beats son buenisimos, pero realmente no eliminan bulla.  Lo que hacen es tapar bulla... pero si uno baja el volumen, se puede escuchar la bulla alrededor.  Estos audifonos son diferentes.

Yo los note en mi casa un dia que estaba en una conferencia utilizando estos audifonos.  Cuando termino la llamada, la primera cosa que hice fue de apagar la funcion de "NC" en los audifonos, y alli mismo me di cuenta de la bulla que habia en mi casa!  La lavadora, secadora, y lavaplatos estaban prendidos todos a la misma vez, y mi esposa estaba cocinando en la olla de presion!  Y antes de eso, no me di cuenta!  Que dirian los otros en la conferencia, no?

La cosa es que si tu pasas mucho tiempo viajando en avion, o en tren, o en omnibus, o trabajas donde hay mucha bulla, y te dejan utilizar audifonos, estos son indispensables.  "NC" te deja escuchar tu musica, podcast, radio, o loque sea sin el fastidio de los ruidos del resto de mundo.  No son baratos, pero si lo necesitan, estos son de una calidad supremamente alta, y no te van a decepcionar.

D

Descargo de responsabilidad: Los embajadores de los productos son empleados de Sprint de muchas partes diferentes de la empresa que aman la tecnología. Se ofrecen como voluntarios para probar todo tipo de dispositivos de Sprint y ofrecer opiniones libremente a la Comunidad. Cada Embajador Producto comparte sus propias opiniones de estos dispositivos, por lo tanto, la información en este post no refleja necesariamente las opiniones de Sprint. Las áreas protegidas no son comunicaciones corporativas, atención, apoyo técnico, gestión de producto o de marketing de producto y no se debe esperar a responder a miembros de la comunidad en la capacidad de cualquiera de estos papeles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

So it has been almost two months since I began using the SOHO II NC earbuds. They have been used at work, during yard work, with my ROKU at home, on road trips and while skiing. It was my first time experiencing Active Noise Canceling headphones and I couldn't be more pleased and privileged to have had this opportunity.

So priced at $200 is it worth it?

I can say that if you have never experienced the bliss of Active Noise Canceling technology, you don't know what you're missing. If you are in the market for some premium headphones I highly recommend these.

• For me the SOHO II's pack all the power and punch you would want/expect in a NC headphone, yet they do not demand on-lookers attention while using them...I have never been a fan of the over the ear style...for me it is the current 80's equivalent of strolling down the street with your large red boombox on your shoulder. So they are defiantly worth it for style and portability.
  • The battery life on them is ridiculous and worth it, so that is not a detractor.
  • They are extremely comfortable as they come with 3 sizing options for your ear, so that's another win.
  • The sound quality is so beautiful, and your music, calls and podcasts are taken to another dimemension - especially during HD calls! So that is another PRO.

So yes they are, in my opinion, worth every penny, given you are in the market and demand the best experience for your dollar.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

0 Comments

After having and using the HK Solo II NC headphone device for over a month, my decision is I will use this as the device while sitting at my desk at work/home or while I am working around the house like mowing the lawn, vacuum cleaning.

With such pleasant sound quality and reasonable noise cancelling performance, it is such a good device to listen to the music.  On Sprint HD voice, I also get very clear voice quality for the phone calls.  I had feedback from people on the phone that they can hear me very clearly.

At my desk at work, I am using this headphone to listen to the music and able to block certain amount of noise around my cubical environment.  I used to use my Bose noise cancelling headset for this purpose, but I found that this HK ear phone is a bit more comfortable for a long conference call.

One of the reason it is difficult to use this earphone while driving etc. is the hassle of handling the cable vs. my wireless bluetooth headset.

Overall I am very happy with the ear phone, although would like to see if HK can improve by adding a bit more control on the device like volume control and maybe equalization control.

I am traveling next month for a week vacation, I will bring this HK Solo with me and use it on the plane, and to see how effective in blocking aircraft noise.  You may hear from me for some qualitative comparison against the Bose NC headphone.

Until next time.

Hung Bui

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors (PA) are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Seeing as how my time with the Harman/Kardon SOHO II’s is my first experience with powered headphones, I thought it would make sense to compare them to other high end accessories that are available on the market.  Fortunately for my son, and by rule for me as well, Santa brought him a brand new set of Beats Solo 2’s for Christmas.  Soon thereafter, I was able to do a comparison to see what the difference really is between a standard set of buds, the HK SOHO II’s, the Beats Solo 2’s, and a few other sets of buds and earphones that I have sitting around. 

For the sake of this comparison, I will focus on just the HK’s and the Beats, and there will be 5 criteria: Sound, Comfort, Function, Style, and Overall Impression.

Sound:
There is a quite a difference in the way that each set of headphones delivers sound to the user.  The Beats live up to their billing, delivering extraordinary bass and low-end sound.  The sound is warm, if only because it is so heavy in the bass.  Not to say that the higher tones are poor, but they do seem to be masked by what is most likely the intention of the Solo’s, which is to deliver a heavy bass experience.  In contrast, the HK’s deliver a full, rich spectrum of sound when the Noise Cancelling feature is turned on.   Although no part of the sound spectrum is exaggerated, I find the sound on the HK’s to be cleaner, richer, and crisper than the Beats. Winner: HK

Comfort:
This one is easy – Beats padded over the ear headphones are much more comfortable than the HK’s in ear experience. It doesn’t hurt to note that the HK’s are actually a bit uncomfortable, although I haven’t tried all 3 sets of the buds and anchors that come with it them.  All the same, the HK’s are NOT comfortable to me.  I will continue to tinker with what feels best in my ear, but for now, the Beats are the hands down winner in this criteria. Winner: Beats

Function:
This is a hard one to decide, because it’s an apples to oranges comparison.  Although Beats claims to provide a rich, deep bass experience, I would say their main function is almost equally based on being a fashion statement as it is to deliver heavy bass sound.  The HK’s, on the other hand, are built for Noise Cancellation.  Basically the idea with HK’s is to immerse the listener in sound by removing as much ambient noise as possible.  So who delivers their idea better? Depends on who you talk to – if you ask my 11 year old which one is a better headset, he’ll tell you the Beats without even trying on the HK’s.  But if you ask my 26 year old cousin, he will tell you the HK’s do a much better job with music and sound delivery.  In my opinion, it’s a straight tie, because you as the consumer will buy for function when you are deciding on these two headsets.  Winner: TIE

Style:
Also an easy one.  Beats is not only a sound experience – it’s a brand that equips professional athletes, Grammy winners, and iconic pop-stars.  Harman/Kardon is known amongst music lovers as one of the highest quality audio accessory and equipment manufacturers in the world.  If an audiophile sees you with a set of HK’s, they will recognize your high standards.  However, that niche is not large, and they don’t warm up on TV in front of millions of viewers like many Beats users do.  Beats has done a nice job of creating allure around their equipment to build an iconic brand that is recognizable, where HK has focused less on image, and more on function and performance.  Winner: Beats

Overall Impression:
You shop and buy for function, so it’s hard to make a universal decision as to which set is better.  For me, middle age has toned me down.  If I was in my 20’s, or even 30’s, I might want a set of Beats. Certainly my pre-teen and college sophomore sons are ONLY about the Beats, although they are impressed with the performance of the HK’s.  So ask yourself this – do you work or live in a place where the Noise Cancellation function is important?  Loud kids? Loud work environment? Do you even have time to take to listen to music?  The NC feature is what makes the HK SOHO II’s stand out.  Just today, I had them on while I was on hold on the phone and when I pulled them out, I realized that our old dishwasher was creating a scandal with its whirring and purring and humming and hawing.  Would the Beats cancel that sound out?  Maybe, or maybe not.  My brother may have said it best, though, when he told me that “… you don’t really appreciate Noise Cancellation on headphones until you are on an airplane. You could be sitting there during takeoff, not plugged in to any device because you aren’t allowed, but if you have NC phones or buds on with the NC function turned on, it will almost entirely eliminate the sound of a plane taking off!” In my middle age, the winner is the HK’s.  But if you have ANY sense of style, or would like an accessory that perfectly marries function with style, then go with the Beats.  Winner: HK for me, the boring guy… Beats for all of you stylie folk!

Either way you go, you are going to hit about the same price point (between $100 and $150), so the value is there for both.  I don’t think you can go wrong, as they both deliver a great experience, and both live up to their billing.  Enjoy, and let me know what you think about whichever headset you go with!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Sprint has a very special relationship with Harmon Kardon, from here on out will be referred to as HK. You can thank Softbank for this, among several other things of course. Anyway… based on this relationship, we were fortunate to launch yet another surprising and amazing product exclusive for Softbank and Sprint, The HK SOHO II Noise Cancelling ear buds.

Now I don’t know about you, the reader, but I have never really heard or used a NC earbud. In my mind, a NC device has to be those big over the ear pilot style headsets which provide the physical cover over your ears and seal them comfortably, and then have various technologies to reduce whatever minimal noise cancellation needed.

However, I was quite shocked and surprised (pleasantly of course) to see HK has a product that boasts NC in earbuds. So I was like, why not… let’s give them a shot.

hk_soho_ii.JPG

The packaging looks pretty neat as you would expect for any premium product. Once you take it out of the box, you find 2x3.5mm cables, one in black and one in matching silver/steel color. The buds are connected to a box, that you could scratch your head all day to figure out what it is, happens to be a battery pack and NC control box with a switch and 3 different sizes of ear hooks, as I like to call them, to fit your ears.

One thing I learned the hard way was to not ignore the owner’s manual as there is no info on this product on HK’s website. Also the manual lacks content, plain and simple however it told me that the black box is a battery and how I need to charge it. Basically you use the provided USB cable and either plug it in to a wall charger or a laptop. What would be nice is that there would be a battery life display or LED of some sort. But that’s what you get for exclusive products.

Now on to the actual sound. I must say not bad at all for ear buds. If you are going to use them to create a quiet environment for you to relax in like an airplane without audio, you need to find something else, as I do realize that is where the physical size matters. However, if you have any sort of audio input, whether it be a video or music, you will definitely hear a difference between the on and off NC modes. The volume gets louder, the vocals become clearer. And, they are so small and easy to carry thanks to the provided pouch, I just carry them with me wherever I go.

So all in all, pretty good for their size and I do believe HK is trying to penetrate a market where Bose reigns supreme. I wish them nothing but good luck and am very excited to see what they come up with next.

Until Next Time

- Your Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

The question for any reviewer to ask your self is would I buy these for myself?

The answer to this question would be a resounding yes. While I would not use these headphones for excersing, it is perfect what it should be used for listening to good music. Recently I bought my own turn table and the clarity of the records in concordance with these headphones transfered me to the recording studio when Pete Townsend recorded Tommy. The music filled my ears and I was in wistful bliss.

I highly suggest that everyone have a great set of headphones, yes these have a price tag that might be steep for some, however if your in the market for some high end headphones I suggest that you save the coins in your piggy bank and put them to use on purchasing these.

Harman-Kardon is a name synomous with good sound, it has been a leader in the audio world.

The case is no different in the Soho II.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

So as a new user of Active Noise Canceling headphones I was initially dreading the need to charge yet another item every day. To circumvent this need after their initial charge I plugged them into my PC and had the USB charger charging them 100% of the time...Several days later though, I had to "borrow" that microUSB cable to help charge yet another gadget of mine...in true fashion I forgot to return the cable to its intended device after I was done "borrowing" it.

The following day I came in, started up my music, and went about my day...and then the next. It was about half way through that second day that I finally realized what I had done. But I only came to realize this after the battery finally died on me. Fortunately the Active Noise Canceling does work immediately once plugged in. But what I found from my initial mistake/forgetfulness is that the battery life on this thing is one that for me, under promises and over delivers - unlike some phones .

After this finding I was more willing to take them to and from work...and since then I have used them with great enjoyment on my devices such as the ROKU 3, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and my old school iPod (love the click wheel!!!) And now I can attest to the SOHO II's ability to make all audio entertainment more compelling to listen too, as well as it's ability to drown out the background disturbances such as: lawn mowers (not completely but drastically!), my 18 month old baby (when Mom is home of course) as well as everyday noises while grocery shopping. I have taken calls on them, and while on mute I have rolled down the car window and they performed perfectly.

But back to the battery....

Fast forward a week later and as we were leaving for CO on vacation I let my 11 year old use the SOHO II's for the car ride (12-14 hours). He used them the duration of the ride, unlike me he remembered to turn the unit off after he was done listening. He continued to use them for the week while sledding/skiing and of course for the car ride back...and not once did he have to charge them, granted he was very good about turning them off. But the point is, these headphones are capable of providing you such high quality audio for such long extended periods of time between charges.

Now I have not had the ability to compare this battery life to other Active Noise Cancellation headphones, but to be honest this performs better than I need it to and better than what I feel is reasonably acceptable. The product boasts "Over 35 hours of playtime," and I would agree strongly with that "Over" part.

To recap, if you are very disciplined in turning them off - they will last a week on what I consider high usage...When I forget to turn them off they net me +2.5 days. Also they can perform while charging (even after being completely drained and then being plugged in!)

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

0 Comments

Well having used the HK ear buds for a few weeks, I wanted to figure out how good is this ear buds compared to others.  Having the Motorola Buds headset, I tried to see if I can compare the sound quality between the two.

Test setup:

I have Audacity on my computer so I use Audacity to record the sound using one of the top of the line Shure Beta58 microphone.  The microphone is connected to my laptop via a Yamaha pro mixer (which I set all effect to nil, and via the Scarlett USB based recording feed.

Test Procedure and result:

I downloaded the pink noise MP3 file to my phone and played this pink noise track from my phone.  I pressed the ear bud (only one side) to the tip of the microphone; I tried to increase the recording volume and the gain so I can get audible signal through the system (the Motorola produced much less volume than the HK).  I recorded 10 sec of playing through the HK and Motorola buds. After each run I did a Spectrum Analysis to each recording.  The spectrum chart is shown below.

freq-resp.png

From this test here, it is obvious that the HK Solo II produces much better sound quality than the normal ear buds.  So for those real music enthusiast, you may be able to justify the additional $ to go for this high quality HK Solo II ear bud.

Until next time.

Hung Bui

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors (PA) are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Wow, I received this pair of ear buds before the holiday.  I had always wanted to try a high end earbuds so I can travel light and enjoy my music at the same time.  So I was super excited to try it out.

Prior to this headphone I have been using the LG then the Motorola Buds Bluetooth headset.

When you open the box out, my first feeling is that everything was built with super high quality materials.  The cable, connector, switch had a solid feel not as flimsy as normal headphones that you used to get when you bought a smart phone.

The unit comes with 3 sets of ear buds and clips, which I am supposed for small, medium and large ear sizes. The curved clip, I assume, is to clip and keep the ear buds in your ear.

I plug the ear buds into my phone and started my favorite track.  The sound came pretty soft.  I then realized that there was an on/off switch.  Switch the unit on, the sound came much louder and I assume that is part of the noise cancelling process as well.  Wow, the sound was so good. I got to hear all the round bass notes as well as the high sound of the guitar string.

The unit did not come with a charger but with a micro USB cable so you can charge the unit with a standard USB charger or plug into a USB port off your laptop.  I did not realize until later that at the switch there is a light indicator that changes color from RED to Green when the unit is fully charge, which serves as a very useful indicator of the battery status.

One thing I will need to get used to is all these wire hanging around my neck and attached to my phone.

Will let you know how the battery life and how good is the noise cancellation etc.  For the moment, I will enjoy the true music from my HTC One E8!

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

When I first started using the hksoho2 buds, I quickly realized that I would need to change my listening habits because of the power requirements. If you are used to just throwing in the buds that come with your phone, this is quite a different experience.  Specifically, the noise cancelling feature (NC) of these buds will create a much warmer more intimate listening experience, but it does pull power from the headphones directly.  That said, if you leave the NC switch on overnight, you may find your buds to be dead or low power the next day.

How do you avoid this drain?  Think situationally

1 If you are just talking on the phone, swtch off the NC. may help slightly with voice quality,  but not really what the buds are meant for IMHO.

2 When you are working at a desk with the buds on, charge them at the same time you are using them!

3 If you are a heavy user, get in the habit of charging them overnight with your phone. That way you are not left with no juice in the AM for your commute.

4 Finally, make sure you bring the charging cable with you wherever you go. The bag is nice enough, but throw the cable in with your car, wall, or extra battery charger, just in case.

Keep some of these in mind and get a lot more continuous enjoyment from what are arguably the best headphones I have ever used!

Happy Holidays!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

For a little over 3 weeks, I was an in-ear bud person, and although the headset I used (the H/K SOHO II) was utterly fantastic in terms or sound quality, ultimately in-ear or not in-ear comes down to preference.

Rating these in-ear buds against other ones that I have used, the comfort level was higher than the rest, but perhaps my ears are just too small, or just not built for in-ear buds. I have a headset on for sometimes 5-8 hours a day, and I will not lie, my ears hurt having something in them for that long (I however, used to only be able to go about 2 hours before). I really was impressed with the sound quality on this headset though - and the noise canceling feature.  Often, to give an ear a rest, I would take out one ear bud and leave the other in. I was amazed at how well I still heard the call I was on, even with the background noise of the other ear.

I did, per my last blog, wear the headphones while I worked out. And again, I think I am just not an in-ear bud kind of person. The sound was great, but I couldn't keep them in my ears.

It is the best headset for in-ear buds I have ever tried, and if you have someone where crystal clear sound is important (conference calls, or music) and they like in-ear buds, this is the headset you should get them. If you haven't tried in-ear buds, and want to, I would say try these out first before others.

In the meantime, I am going to go back to my ear-muff sized headphones. I'll give my ears a rest, and maybe try again in a month or so.

0 Comments

During Thanksgiving week, I and my family went to Nashville and then on to Houston.

What better avenue to try out my new headphones, the sound quality and ofcourse the noise canceling option was something that needed to be tested out.

I didnt listen to any music, only podcasts. My go to podcast for the trip and my time in those two cites were http://serialpodcast.org/ .

The sound quality was supereb, this particular podcast has 15 year old recordings from detectives. I was able to hear everything crystal clear.

The headphones fit in your ear with ease and stay there, a problem that I have experience with other ear buds.

The feel of the buds are fantastic, I can keep them in for hours without having the annoying sometimes even painful feeling in your ear.

The noise canceling feature was fantastic, I was able to block out the surrounding children crying and even my own children (kidding about my kids, they are angels).

The choice in ear bunds offers differnet sizes allowing a good seal and thus canceling out all un needed noise.

So far I love the HK Soho II, it is a quality product offering superior sound.

1.jpg

0 Comments

haa.jpgSo my first reaction when I got my Harmon/Kardon SOHO II Noise Cancellation In Ear Headphones was, "Oh my! These are sexy!!!" As you can see in the picture to the left they are an elegant brush metal headset with plenty of cord to keep you connected from any reasonable distance.

Now I have dabbled with Active Noise Cancellation headphones in the past, specifically with the Original Beats by Dre headphones. However for me, I am not a huge fan of over the head headphones at all. They make me feel like a DJ and add unneeded weight to my small framed body...I have to stay nimble and quick on my toes!

So with that said I am relatively new to the whole Active Noise Cancellation scene, as it is extremely difficult to package the punch needed to be a quality product in a small form factor.

Well Harmon/Kardon nailed this! Not only are these headphones sleek and irresistibly beautiful on the eyes, they work extremely well. My typical usage of headphones consist of while I'm working and while I'm mowing the lawn. It has since expanded to while I am running errands, and dare I say I have started to go running in the evenings just to have another excuse to use these...that and my wife has begged me to be more active

So how well do they function? Glad you asked! When you first use the headphones (with the Active Noise Cancellation turned off) they sound dull, and to be honest I would prefer my standard headset to these. When you flip the switch however; your ears are overcome with high quality and beautiful depth in sound. The bass sounds terrific, not too obnoxious not too low just the right amount without sacrificing the vocals. The music itself comes in crystal clear and makes my music listening even more pleasurable.

As far as noise canceling is concerned at first I felt they met expectations; however, after some use I have changed my tune (pun intended ). While these will drown out or cancel 99% of the ambient noises around you, if your try hard enough....and I want to make sure you understand me, you have to try hard enough, you can still hear things going on around you. However, if you allow yourself to get lost in the music, you honestly will never realize things are happening around you.

For instance, it is a long standing tradition on my team that when it is your birthday we celebrate with pie and other yummy treats. These social gatherings literally take place 5-7 feet behind me, outside of my workspace, and everyone is talking and laughing and having a fun time. Well two days ago we celebrated a co-workers birthday. Here I sat in my cube working diligently to meet a deadline when I decided to come up for air and go grab a nice refreshing Coke Cola Classic...to my surprise my co-workers were behind me passing around pie and enjoying the break and wishing our co-worker Happy Birthday. They claimed they had noticed I was feverishly working and didn't want to disturb me; yet, I think it's a safe bet that they wanted more pie for themselves! To be honest, up until that point "the jury was still out" on how well these produced on their claims...But once I allowed myself to enjoy the the music and quit trying so hard to see if I could hear outside noises, they over exceeded expectations.

The SOHO II's and I still have a lot to experience, but for now we are building a very long lasting friendship!

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

The ultimate test for my headset use is if I can handle it during conference calls. As a remote employee, these are the only meetings I have, so think about your day of meetings and then doing them all with ear buds in, how comfortable would that be?

I try and mix up my audio use during the day, I use the headset for calls that I am active in, and then use the speakers for the calls I am “sitting in” on. But yesterday I decided to have them in use for all audio needs.

The first call I had was just with one other person, and was a shorter call, just about 20 minutes. The call was very clear, and the ear buds were quite comfortable. I didn't even notice that I had them in really.

The next call was a 1 hour multiple people talking at once, and some in a room together type of call. Wow! I was able to hear everything – even those in the room talking.

The next “call” was actually a webinar, about 1 hour. The sound again was quite clear, but towards the end of the webinar, my ears needed a break from having ear buds in them.  Now I have not used ear buds very often, so I don’t know if my ears will get used to them down the road.

I have them in today for the mixture of calls, webinars and just listening to tunes while I work. I’m hoping that I’ll be used to the feeling more.

Next, I’ll be testing the ear buds with my phone for calls as well as listening to tunes while I work out. 

0 Comments

Disclaimer before the company disclaimer: I am partially deaf in my left ear, so I am really picky about my headsets; I need to be able to hear everything. I also work remotely, so I wear a headset for conference calls most of the day, so it can’t be giving a headache. So when the Product Ambassador team asked if anyone wanted to test headsets, I said Bring It On. Oh, and if you remember from my previous blogs, I am not the quickest techy, so I also need something that is easy to figure it out.

I got the HK SOHO II NC last week. It comes in a really nice box and with all of these accessories. I can modify the size of the ear buds, and there are all these different cords to plug into different devices. And there is a nice black bag that everything can be stored in. A small complaint, since I usually have non-ear bud headsets, I didn’t like how there were no instructions really on how everything was to fit together. But after swapping out the pieces and testing things out, I was able to get a set up that worked for me.

The first thing I tried was using it as a headset for my phone. The call was crystal clear, sounded like my mom was in the room with me instead of in the next state. I next plugged it into my laptop to listen to tunes as I worked. I used the noise cancelation feature, and listened to concert recordings and it sounded like I was at the show.

I am still not convinced that I like ear buds, but I’ll be playing around with the size combinations as well as trying the headset for a conference call. Anything else you would like to know about put in the comments and I’ll check it out for you!

0 Comments

I just got these babies, and am looking forward to listening to some music and canceling out the white noise around me.

The packaging for this device is superb, buyers know what exactly they will be getting. A quality product that have everything for those audiophiles.

20141124_100426.jpg

The set comes with 3 pieces of difference sizes since we are not all made the same.

It has a 3 ft 9 in cable to the noice cancelling module and then a 1 ft 8 from the module to whatever device you would plug this into.

I am in no means an audiophile, however this set has opened my eyes and ears to the differnce between quality versus just plain headphones.

So far I have listened to two albums. The Guardians of the Galaxy (Awesome Mix Vol. 1) and Dr Dre's 2001. There are beats and samples that are missed on other devices that can be heard on these Soho's.

I give it a definite buy for the Holiday season.

20141124_100919.jpg