cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We go password reset

Journeyman

We go password reset

I got we go for my daughter, but recently do not know why my password does not work at we go, I called and chat with sprint customer services, got 2 tickets from them, and never call me back yet.

Is any way reset we go portal site password? I am so frustrated that issue, because I can not set up her phone list and already factory set up her phone.its waste money and time.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: We go password reset

tmmgallagher

Please email us at sprintcares@sprint.com with the ticket number that was created, your phone number and your account pin/password.  We will get back to you within 24-72 hours once the email is received. I will do my best to get to the bottom of this for you.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Re: We go password reset

I feel your pain. I had this same issue about a year ago and it took Sprint FOREVER to help me get the password reset figured out. I saved the website for future use and now today I go into my daughters phone and the password has been kicked out so I go to the website to try & fix it and all I get is "Clock Error". "A private connection to wego.sprint.com can't be established because your computers date & time are incorrect". Which is bogus because our computer's date & time IS correct!!!

Very frustrating & exhausting! Especially when the whole idea of your child having this type of phone is for safety!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat