cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: JBL Synchros Slate Review

Journeyman

JBL Synchros Slate.gif

It's been a while since I've had a really good pair of over-the-ear headphones.  I've been using the JBL Synchros Slate for a few weeks now and every time I use it I am continually impressed by these headphones...

The first thing that will catch your eye is it's design and build quality.  These headphones have a very sleek and professional look while maintaining a very sturdy construction that screams quality the moment you hold it.  The headband is made of flexible steel that is adjustable for various size heads.  On either end of the headband both sides are made of hard plastic on the outside with a very soft leather covering the ear cushions.  This definitely feels like a very premium set of cans.

The sound quality of these headphones are equally impressive.  I like bass as much the next person however I've never been a big fan of overly bass heavy headphones but rather prefer a more balanced approach.  The Synchros Slate does not disappoint in this department.  The effect can definitely be felt when listening to bass heavy music such as hip hop however it's not overdone to the point where it's distracting or uncomfortable to listen to.   The headphones features JBL's proprietory LiveStage processing that the company promises will deliver a more realistic sound for those that prefer a more live sound.  From my experience there's a very distinct difference between having this feature turned on or off.  When active LiveStage definitely tones down the bass and creates a more clearer sound.  There appears to be a slight drop off in volume however I found it easier to actually hear the lyrics while listening to music.  If you prefer a louder, more pounding sound then you'll want to keep LiveStage disabled.

My only gripe with the Synchros Slate is that it did take a few days to get the "right" fit for my head.  Ok I'll say it... I do have a relatively big head.  It's not that the headphones are too small but rather the give of the flexible steel headband isn't enough at first and definitely puts a tight squeeze on your ears.  Thankfully the leather ear cushions are extremely comfy and offset the initial pressure a bit.  After a wearing it a few times the headphones begin to feel much more fitted to your head and shouldn't be an issue for most.  For those of you with normal sized heads this probably won't be an issue at all.

Overall, my impressions of these headphones are extremely positive.  Between the build quality and the sick sound that they produce I would definitely recommend these to anyone that's in the market for a quality set of headphones.

Take care,

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee