cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LiveStage Sound

Journeyman

TheRoots.bmp

The JBL Synchros Slate sound amazing!  If you value sound quality over just sheer brute volume and mind numbing bass then you should give these a try.  JBL uses its proprietary sound processing technology dubbed as LiveStage to enhance the listener experience.  The goal here is to provide a more realistic sound for listeners.  So, what is this LiveStage and what does it actually do?

According to JBL's website...

"In the JBL Synchros headphone lineup, JBL debuts its patent pending JBL LiveStage™ signal processing technology. JBL LiveStage™ adds localization cues to deliver a more lifelike listening experience, recreating the warm natural feeling of being "in the room" within the headphones. The result is a headphone listening experience similar to that of listening to music from a stage in front of you. JBL LiveStage™ gives the listener a greater sense of spatial presence and separation, with individual instruments and voices sounding richer and clearer. JBL Synchros headphones with JBL LiveStage™ bring the music to life in a way that consumers have never experienced before."

I'm no audio engineer so here's my layman's take on all that.  When turned on, LiveStage appears to tone down the bass heavy sounds that can often dominate the actual lyrics of many songs.  These sounds are often intentionally churned up in genres such as Hip Hop or Rock for maximum effect.  LiveStage seems to even the sound out a bit. 

There are some moments when a crunk beat is ideal such as a bar or nightclub, however I've always been more of a fan of listening to the actual lyrics of any song.  For me the actual story being told is the most important piece of any work of art.  LiveStage allows me to not only appreciate a good melody but also the sheer brilliance of my favorite artists.  It's as if I'm listening to them play on a (gasp)... live stage?  I see what you did there JBL.  Well played.

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee