cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: JBL Synchros S500 Slate - First Impressions

Sprint Product Ambassador

A few weeks ago, I was able to get my hands on the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones and have been extremely impressed.

jbl3.JPG

I am a bit of an audiophile when it comes to my music, so high-quality audio is important to me, and the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones provide outstanding sound quality.

Inside the JBL Synchros S500 Slate box, you’ll find:

• JBL Synchros S500 Slate Headphones - foldable
  • Carrying Case - handsome, black case with zipper featuring a furry, plush interior with a mesh area to hold other items, such as the cable, instructions, batteries, etc.
  • 3 AAA batteries
  • Cable with a 3 button remote, microphone, and clip
  • Quick-start Guide

The headphones are constructed with a lightweight, steel headband with soft, leather ear cushions, and are appealing in style as well.

The 3 AAA batteries are only needed to enable the JBL LiveStage™ technology which recreates the sense of spatial presence. LiveStage™ is great to have on when you’re listening to music, but I suggest you don’t have it enabled when you are on a call or listening to an audiobook or podcast. The headphones will work just fine without the batteries, but LiveStage™ ability would not be available.

Comfort

Having worked in radio and currently podcasting, I have had a lot of headphones. I can rightfully say that these JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones are the most comfortable feeling ones yet. I have found myself wearing them for hours while on calls, podcasting, and listening to music. They provide wonderful comfort.

Calls

When on calls, the sound quality is fantastic, and people on the receiving end of my calls say I sound crystal clear.

Music

When listening to music, I find myself not wanting to take off the headphones, as they provide the headspace I am seeking. The sound is so pure that I feel like I’m in my own world. JBL’s LiveStage™ brings music listening to another level, and JBL’s PureBass is ba ba ba boom!  Wow! 

I’m very pleased with the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones and highly recommend them. The JBL Synchros S500 Slate Headphones are available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.