cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JBL

0 Comments

TheRoots.bmp

The JBL Synchros Slate sound amazing!  If you value sound quality over just sheer brute volume and mind numbing bass then you should give these a try.  JBL uses its proprietary sound processing technology dubbed as LiveStage to enhance the listener experience.  The goal here is to provide a more realistic sound for listeners.  So, what is this LiveStage and what does it actually do?

According to JBL's website...

"In the JBL Synchros headphone lineup, JBL debuts its patent pending JBL LiveStage™ signal processing technology. JBL LiveStage™ adds localization cues to deliver a more lifelike listening experience, recreating the warm natural feeling of being "in the room" within the headphones. The result is a headphone listening experience similar to that of listening to music from a stage in front of you. JBL LiveStage™ gives the listener a greater sense of spatial presence and separation, with individual instruments and voices sounding richer and clearer. JBL Synchros headphones with JBL LiveStage™ bring the music to life in a way that consumers have never experienced before."

I'm no audio engineer so here's my layman's take on all that.  When turned on, LiveStage appears to tone down the bass heavy sounds that can often dominate the actual lyrics of many songs.  These sounds are often intentionally churned up in genres such as Hip Hop or Rock for maximum effect.  LiveStage seems to even the sound out a bit. 

There are some moments when a crunk beat is ideal such as a bar or nightclub, however I've always been more of a fan of listening to the actual lyrics of any song.  For me the actual story being told is the most important piece of any work of art.  LiveStage allows me to not only appreciate a good melody but also the sheer brilliance of my favorite artists.  It's as if I'm listening to them play on a (gasp)... live stage?  I see what you did there JBL.  Well played.

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

JBL Synchros Slate.gif

It's been a while since I've had a really good pair of over-the-ear headphones.  I've been using the JBL Synchros Slate for a few weeks now and every time I use it I am continually impressed by these headphones...

The first thing that will catch your eye is it's design and build quality.  These headphones have a very sleek and professional look while maintaining a very sturdy construction that screams quality the moment you hold it.  The headband is made of flexible steel that is adjustable for various size heads.  On either end of the headband both sides are made of hard plastic on the outside with a very soft leather covering the ear cushions.  This definitely feels like a very premium set of cans.

The sound quality of these headphones are equally impressive.  I like bass as much the next person however I've never been a big fan of overly bass heavy headphones but rather prefer a more balanced approach.  The Synchros Slate does not disappoint in this department.  The effect can definitely be felt when listening to bass heavy music such as hip hop however it's not overdone to the point where it's distracting or uncomfortable to listen to.   The headphones features JBL's proprietory LiveStage processing that the company promises will deliver a more realistic sound for those that prefer a more live sound.  From my experience there's a very distinct difference between having this feature turned on or off.  When active LiveStage definitely tones down the bass and creates a more clearer sound.  There appears to be a slight drop off in volume however I found it easier to actually hear the lyrics while listening to music.  If you prefer a louder, more pounding sound then you'll want to keep LiveStage disabled.

My only gripe with the Synchros Slate is that it did take a few days to get the "right" fit for my head.  Ok I'll say it... I do have a relatively big head.  It's not that the headphones are too small but rather the give of the flexible steel headband isn't enough at first and definitely puts a tight squeeze on your ears.  Thankfully the leather ear cushions are extremely comfy and offset the initial pressure a bit.  After a wearing it a few times the headphones begin to feel much more fitted to your head and shouldn't be an issue for most.  For those of you with normal sized heads this probably won't be an issue at all.

Overall, my impressions of these headphones are extremely positive.  Between the build quality and the sick sound that they produce I would definitely recommend these to anyone that's in the market for a quality set of headphones.

Take care,

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

JBLs.jpg

At the start of the New Year people make resolutions to better their lives in different ways. One of the most common resolutions is to work out more, either to lose weight or just become more active. Six or so years ago I made that same resolution and have stuck with it ever since. Technology plays a big role in staying active in many different ways. From apps to trackers I have used all the awesome things I could find to help me achieve new goals. One area that I have not really focused on is music. I always listen to Spotify and usually use a cheap pair of ear buds when I run. This year I am focusing more on lifting weights so I wanted to upgrade my sound and use the awesome JBL Synchros Slate headphones.

When I use the cheap earbuds, the sound is obviously not great but it has been good enough to get me through my runs and other workouts. The first time I used the Synchros Slate headphones I was amazed at how much it really pumped up my workout. I honestly felt like I could lift more weights and do more reps because I was able to get into a zone. I was worried about sweat so I dried them off a few times. Even with my earbuds I end up doing the same thing because I have gone through a few of them over the past 6 years. So far I am a few weeks into the New Year and I always use the JBL’s to lift weights. I also find myself using them when going on walks with my dogs. It’s awesome to have a great quality pair of headphones because I find myself listening to music more often and it makes boring tasks much more enjoyable. I am sure you can run with these headphones but I am not sure I will ever try it. If you have a goal this year of becoming active, do yourself a favor and pick up the JBL Synchros Slate. You won’t be disappointed.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

headphones1.jpg

You know how some headphones get really loud, but get distorted or sound tinny and awful?  Do you have

a pair of those on right now while reading this blog and listening to music?  Well, at least your eyes are

spared some torture!  If your taste in music is as good as your choices in reading, you should do yourself

a favor and toss those old things out and check out the JBL Synchros Slate.  Now, imagine how life will

be with those headphones...

-You'll be watching a movie, forgetting you have them on because of the depth of the sound, and how

comfortable they are to wear (they can easily be adjusted for length or face shape).

-You'll feel like you're at a live concert while listening to high quality recordings, except you won't have to deal

with the mosh pits at the next Mozart concert.

-Games will be more immersive with richer sound going straight into your ear holes, right into your noggin.

-If you close your eyes during a podcast, you'll forget that you're not in the room with the people in the recording

I can keep listing reasons on why these headphones will change your audio experience, and how a pegasus

gets its wings every time you use them (ok, that last part is a joke, but you get the picture), but I'd be

distracting you from buying a pair of these.  Go get one!  They really are a treat for anyone looking to get a

solid set of headphones.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I decided to take reviews of the JBL Synchros Slate from a different site such as Amazon.com.  I was looking for the most recent and honest opinions.

Amazon.com

JBL 1.PNG

JBL3.PNG

JBL4.PNG

JBL7.PNG

I agree with these reviews and the consensus.  You cannot disregard the consensus and overall review.  I hope these reviews help you!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

JBL Synchros Slate headphones by Harman continue to impress me both with their build and sound quality. I’m not sure you can find a better pair of headphones. Yes, (to me) they are  that good! I especially like the fact that I can plug them into any phone, tablet, stereo etc and have the highest quality sound pulsing my eardrums. I can't advise anyone have anything important going on around them however, since you won't be able to hear a thing. These over-the-ear headphones block out almost all background ambient noise.

JBL Synchros Slate by Harman

Of course, the headphones are amazing as soon as you plug them into your device and press play. But there is a feature that helps them stand out as the best option to listen to your music library.

LiveStage stage is a wonderful feature that does some voodoo magic to your head to make your music sound like you’re actually at a concert. Okay maybe not voodoo magic… LiveStage is actually patent-pending software by JBL (Harman) that processes the sound using a method called Digital Signal Processing. DSP is used to imitate listening to the music in an open room or perhaps a concert. The result (for some) is a better listening experience with crisp highs, and non-distorted bass lines giving the listener a "Live" audio listening experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the enhancements made for most genres of music. I noticed, however, the bass isn't as strong with LiveStage turned on, so if you’d like to hear some strong bass lines, it may be best to leave the switch off.

Oh yea! Did I forget to mention the use of this feature is completely optional? You can change it as often as you’d like with the flick of a switch. The only downside is the software is battery powered by two AA batteries. However, those two batteries will give you up to 10 hours of listening time. That’s a lot of concert! Or LiveStage rather… Even without the LiveStage turned on, you will still be able to enjoy the JBL PureBass performance that you’d expect from a JBL product.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to JBL

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

JBL.jpg

I have been using the JBL Synchros Slate headphones for about a month and have fallen in love with them. For the past two years I listened to my music from my Beats Studio headphones and earbuds. Beats makes a great product but they never were very comfortable and the pair I had required batteries for the noise cancellation. If you left them on the battery would run out, and if you didn’t have extra batteries you were out of luck and could not use the headphones. The JBLs turn themselves off if you leave it on accidentally. The first time I used the Synchros Slate I knew they would be my new favorite. They are hands down the most comfortable headphones I have ever used. They are the perfect fit for my big head and they have lots of cushion which makes it easy to use for extended periods of time. I also really like the look of the Synchros Slate. They are sleek and stylish and look sophisticated. The only thing that I initially didn’t like was the cover for the batteries. It was extremely hard to open for the first time and I scratched the cover trying to get it off.

The sound quality of the Synchros Slate is awesome. The music is clear and the bass is loud without distorting the song. Compared to the Beats I would say the JBLs are better for most types of music. Beats have better bass but that is not always a good thing. It seems like JBL really perfected the sound and quality while Beats focuses on bass and volume. I still love my Beats but the JBLs are a better all-around headphone. I find myself using them to watch movies on my iPad and even working out in them. My wife was always an earbud wearer for music but after trying out the JBLs she bought herself a pair because of the comfort and sound. If you have never used JBL headphones I highly recommend you give them a try.

1 Comment

When I am not busy at Sprint, I spend some of my spare time podcasting. Yes, I have a life outside of Sprint. Because of this, I was so excited to receive the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones. I strongly believe it is important to have a solid set of headphones to listen to your broadcast and to use in your production efforts. I can happily say that the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones meet my broadcasting and production needs quite well.

jbl1.JPG

With these attractive, lightweight, and comfortable headphones, I’m able to hear what I need to hear (any audio hiccups, if you will), in which I then correct any errors with my production tools. 

In addition to professional use, these headphones are excellent for calls and general audio consumption.They provide truly outstanding sound quality.

Inside the JBL Synchros S500 Slate box, you’ll find:

• JBL Synchros S500 Slate Headphones - foldable
  • Carrying Case - handsome, black case with zipper featuring a furry, plush interior with a mesh area to hold other items, such as the cable, instructions, batteries, etc.
  • 3 AAA batteries (needed to enable JBL LiveStage™ technology, should you choose)
  • Cable with a 3 button remote, microphone, and clip
  • Quick-start Guide

I have been very pleased using the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones for my podcasting/production needs, as well as for calls and audio consumption.

If you’re looking for a professional set of headphones and are into audio production, I highly recommend you check out the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones. The JBL Synchros S500 Slate Headphones are available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

If you’re looking for a solid pair of headphones that provide exceptional comfort and sound, the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones are a great fit for you!

jbl2.JPG

I have been using the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones for over a month now, and they have easily become my favorite way to consume audio.

The headphones are constructed with a lightweight, steel headband with soft, leather ear cushions. In fact, they are so comfortable, I find myself wearing them for hours on end. I even forget I have them on, due to their lightweight comfort.

I use these headphones connected to my device through the audio cable, which has a mic built-in. I simply put my device in my pocket and the headphones on my head and am good to go. This makes it great for phone conversations. People on the other end of the call say I sound crystal clear, and I hear them extremely well also.

Not only do I use them for phone calls, but I also use these headphones regularly for listening to music. In particular, I use my Spotify account to both play resident "extreme" (best) quality audio files and stream in extreme quality as well. If you use Spotify, I suggest you look in your Spotify app settings and in the music quality section, select “extreme” quality for both sync (downloaded files) and stream (that is if you care about the sound of your music). The bass sounds AMAZING with the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones. I find I do not want to take them off and rather enjoy the headspace they provide.

These headphones work with or without batteries. If you choose to insert the 3 AAA batteries, you have the ability to engage the JBL LiveStage™ technology which creates the sense of spatial presence (awesome for listening to music, but not for listening to speech).

I’m extremely pleased with the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones and highly recommend them. The JBL Synchros S500 Slate Headphones are available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

gal_463x407_1.jpg

I have used these JBL headphones for a month now and I’m using them exclusively, they are by far the best headphones that I have used, I have no bad words to say about them they sound great fit great and are comfortable enough to wear all day.  I own multiple high end ear bud headphones and these have better fit and sound then all of them.  I was never a big can headphone person I prefer ear buds, but the JBL Synchros Slate headphones have now changed my mind.   If you’re in the market for a Great pair of headphones then pick them up, there is no down side to them.

Thanks for reading have a good day!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

headphones1.jpg

The JBL Synchros Slate is a great pair of headphones that can be used for listening to music off your

cell phone, to editing soundtracks for your youtube videos on your computer.  The gadget also does a

remarkable job of giving an immersive movie experience, but the cable length makes it a little difficult

to watch movies comfortably from the couch without the seats being 2 feet from the television, but

unless you want your retinas burning away like you had a staring contest with the sun, that is not

really the best option.  Luckily, we have the technology to prevent such ocular autracities.  It's as

simple as getting a 3.5mm cable extender like the one linked below.

Amazon.com: C&E CNE03722 Stereo Headphone Extension Cable 50 Feet 3.5mm: Electronics

There are plenty of options out there, but make sure to read the reviews, and try not to get anything

longer than necessary to prevent any unwanted tangles.  If you prefer to go wireless, you may want

to consider getting a digital out to bluetooth combo with a bluetooth receiver for the headphones (since

the headphones are of the wired variety).  This is the best option to prevent any syncing issues between

the visuals on-screen and the audio feed.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

syncrhos.jpg

If you want your hair blown back by a set of hot premium headphones, you need these Slate S500's!

I have used quite a few headsets over the years especially when I was living a double life as club DJ in San Francisco while still doing sales support for Sprint (ah, to be in my late 20's again when I could play at set until 4am then somehow be at a desk by 7:30).  The Sony V700s were my go to headphones over the years though I since have moved onto Beats MIXRs for the occasional DJ gig for fun.

But I have never used powered headphones before and those batteries really help shake the brain and boost the bass, let me tell you.  Plus the incredible range and clarity that the Livestage filter brings will make you literally feel like you are there at a concert, in the moment.  Just close your eyes and go!

As the teaser says on JBL.com:

The JBL S500 will set you free, bringing you all the head-rush of a powerful sound experience while giving you stylish looks to match. Fitted with proprietary LiveStage™ technology and JBL PureBass performance, it's precision-made from real materials with a lightweight but durable steel headband appointed with plush leather earcushions, you can count on feeling as good as your music sounds.

These truly are the "next big thing in sound" from JBL and although a bit pricey, you will definitely get your money's worth.  Highly recommended from us here at the Product Ambassador team.  But don't take our word for it, try em out for yourselves.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the
company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint
devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador
shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this
post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not
represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond
to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

JBL Synchros Slate

I've always loved music, and I have a few ways to listen to my collection. I enjoy everything from Classical & Jazz to Hip-Hop & Rap and even some Country & Rock. I prefer to listen to certain types of music usually depending on the time of day, activity and audio reproduction equipment available. For instance: when working out, I listen to rock/rap to stay energized, so I need portability and volume. For other times, I like to put a classical track on the home stereo and sit on the couch with a good book, or just close my eyes and enjoy all of the sounds the higher quality audio equipment can produce. However, I've never had a premium set of over-the-ear headphones before now.

The JBL Synchros Slate by Harman are easily the best set of headphones I've ever used. They are made extremely well with very high quality and great precision. The sound reproduction is absolutely amazing. They will plug into any 3.5mm jack headphone (like the one on your phone) and instantly give you truly stunning audio quality. The headband is made from stainless steel making it rigid and flexible to fit any size of cranium! There is leather cushions on the headband and the earpieces for maximum comfort and multiple angle adjusting options to further ensure the perfect fit.

After just a short time with these headphones, I can’t recommend them enough. I will write a bit more about the features of the headphones soon, and comment on my favorite phones to use with these absolutely remarkable headphones.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to JBL

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

IMG_20141203_215524809_HDR.jpg

Dropping a few hundred bucks on a nice pair of headphones can be a hard decision to make, especially

when you are prone to losing or destroying most of the ones you buy. Regardless of how they get

destroyed, whether it be through an epic level of clumsiness that would make even a penguin cringe, or by

placing them down on couch to grab a drink, only to have your dog steal them to make the headphones their

new favorite chew toy, the possibility of catastrophe could make anyone averse taking the plunge. That is,

unless, you get the JBL Synchros Slate headphones, which decided to offer a cover for calamity with the

included case.

IMG_20141203_215609247.jpg
The case that JBL includes will protect your investment, while they sit snuggly and safely through the accidental

sky dive the headphones took while you were partying too hard on your balcony. There is a soft, velvety material

to ensure scratch prevention, and a small holding compartment for your cables or any small miscellaneous items.

If breaking your headphones while their off your head is something that will keep you up at night, consider these

JBL beauties.

If protection for your headphones is a concern for you, this may me the set you're looking for (queue the Obi-wan

Jedi Mind trick hand wave).

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

gal_463x407_1.jpg

So I Am 3 weeks in with these JBL Synchros slate headphones and I’m still loving it!  These head phones have a feature called LiveStage™, “LiveStage recreates the sense of spatial presence that you feel when listening to loudspeakers in a room and JBL PureBass performance”.  This feature is activated with 2 AA batteries inside the headset,  I have used these headphones every day at work for an average of 6 hours of music a day, with LiveStage on.  And I just ran out of battery life after 3 weeks. But the good news is you can still use the headphones without the batteries.  That is one drawback people say about them but for the sound quality it adds I will go get more batteries.  There is no turning back from here I will be in my sanctuary from here on out.  Happy Listening!

0 Comments

gal_463x407_1.jpgI have used tons of pairs of bud headphones in the last 10 years from all different brands, high end to low end and none of them compare to these JBL’s.  I have never been a big fan of over the ear headphones but I am now. I can put these cans on my head and play music and total immerse myself into the music so much that the only way my coworkers can get my attention is to tap my shoulder.  The sound is amazing, the noise cancellation and the over the ear fit is great, no messing with the buds ear pieces to make sure the fit right and no ear pain after 8 hours of music.  I am completely sold on these headphones they are now my daily set.   If you need me I’ll be in my sanctuary.

0 Comments

20141208_133233.jpg

So for those who do not know what a Roku is, it is a box used for streaming services.  We have been without cable for over 4 years and use the Roku to stream all of our TV shows and movies.  With the new Roku three there is an audio jack on the side of the remote.  I was previously using the buds that came with the remote but they didn't offer much for noise cancellation or surround sound.  So I gave my JBL Synchros Slate a test run on the Roku 3.  I was able to watch the TV and not even hear my kids screaming around the house (granted playing screams not someone getting hurt).  This come in handy in some instances:

1.  Watching your shows with out disturbing anyone

2.  Your Children watching their shows without disturbing you

3.  You watching your shows without being disturbed

You get the point.  But the quality was so much better and offered depth in sound.  The bass was deep on explosions and the softer parts were light.  The headphones offered a surround sound feel.

0 Comments

jbl.PNG

JBL1.PNG

JBL2.PNG

So I have been using the JBL Synchros Slate for just over a week.  The verdict is I love them.  Now don't get me wrong I primarily wear in the ear buds and I knew this was ghoing to be a change.  I love the opver the ear support.  The submersion into the audio is easy and can get carried away.  The livestage when activated will make you feel as if you have a surround sound on your head.  Though they are big they are light and you don't feel the weight at all.  Keep an eye open for my uses with the JBL's.

0 Comments

maxresdefault.jpg  VS  Beats-Studio-Silver-Headphones-1240_2.jpg

My son's birthday was this last weekend. And, as a teenager and young athlete, you can guess what was prominently at the top of his wish list: Beats™ by Dr. Dre™.

Okay, I get it. Most top name athletes are sporting Beats™. They're hip, cool and trendy. Plus, they are a premium, high quality product. So needless to say, he got Beats for his birthday. And I got an opportunity to compare the sound of those Beats Studio headphones side-by-side...or ear-by-ear, as the case may be, with my JBL Synchros Slates. I took several long listening sessions with both the Beats Studio and JBL Synchros Slate headphones. I used the same songs to evaluate both. I listened only to music. I did not consider nor listen to any talking tracks such as a podcast. Both headphones use some kind of active circuitry, which requires power, to enhance the listening experience so I factored that into my overall opinion of each.

POWER CONSUMPTION:

The Beats Studio model headphones come with active noise cancellation and use a built-in rechargeable battery to power them. The JBLs come with active DSP (digital signal processing) called LiveStage (more on that later) and requires two AA batteries for power. I really dig the rechargeable battery of the Beats Studio over replacing AA batteries. Just plug them into the supplied USB charge cable and you get 20 hours of active noise cancellation. However, given that the Beats' rechargeable battery is embedded and not user replaceable, it means the service life of the headphones may be limited to the battery recharge lifespan. My JBLs get 20 hours of active DSP from a fresh pair of batteries and can work with any AA batteries including rechargeables if I choose. Anyone who's used a cellphone for a few years knows that rechargeable batteries DO lose life over time and eventually need replaced.

WINNER: JBL Synchros Slate

FIT:

This is entirely subjective given I may have a larger or smaller (probably larger) head than you. But, bottom line is that fit is important. Both the Beats and JBLs have extendable arms on each side. They each have a nicely padded center head piece. They each have nicely padded ear cups that swivel and rotate generously for any angle. But then there's the tightness of the headphones. If wearing headphones makes you feel like your head is in a vice then you will either get a headache after a while or just not want to wear them. Or you may choose to wear them around your neck as a fashion statement...ahem. But I digress. Hands down, the Beats fit tighter to my noggin than the JBLs. That may be a good thing if I'm taking on Lebron in a game of 1-on-1. But I don't plan to anytime soon. I use my headphones to listen to music at my desk or while playing some games on my iPad. If I can't stand them clamping my ears together then I'm not going to reach for them. The JBLs fit is much nicer, in my opinion. They are more relaxed without being too loose. The JBLs slip on and off my ears without clapping together like a trap. I love how comfortable they feel on my head and I could literally wear them for hours. I can't say the same for the Beats. If your head is really small, then the JBLs may fit too loose for you, but I think most adults will enjoy the fit and feel of the JBLs better.

AMBIENT NOISE CANCELLATION:

I assumed the active noise cancellation of the Beats would actively tune out any all ambient noise, allowing me to focus on the music. And they certainly DO block out most ambient sound. But not all ambient noise. Which was disappointing. The Beats Studios are more of an "on-ear" headphone (not big enough to cover the whole ear). The active noise cancellation does as good of job of blocking out (actually reversing the audio effects of) ambient noise. The JBLs are bigger and fit over the entire ear, thus they use passive noise cancellation to block out ambient noise. Like the Beats, the Slates are not perfect at blocking out all ambient noise. They each do a pretty good job of isolating your ears from outside sounds and block out ~90+% of ambient noise.

WINNER: Tie

SOUND:

When it comes to enjoying tunes in private, it really boils down to the quality of sound reproduction. Both the JBL and Beats do a fantastic job of delivering excellent sound to your eardrums. The Beats Studios sound is what I will call "pure" and unadulterated. In my opinion, the Studios have a flatter, more natural sound. That's not a bad thing if that's what you like. The JBL Slates have active DSP called LiveStage™ that enhances the sound of whatever you're listening to. It's not obscene or over the top with booming bass and tiss-tiss treble. No, instead, the LiveStage™ actually seems to add "life" to your music, making it sound more...live. I would say the LiveStage™ DSP gives music better "presence." But unlike the Beats Studio active noise cancellation, which auto-enables at any signal input (unless the batteries are dead), you can enable or disable the LiveStage™ DSP with a switch. Disabling the LiveStage™ DSP gives you a flatter, less adulterated sound, more like what the Beats deliver. In my opinion, the JBLs deliver superior sound for music with the LiveStage™ DSP active, and similar sound to the Beats Studio w/o LiveStage™.

FASHION:

The JBLs look good. I love the look for the slate black Slates. But I'm not sure anyone puts as much thought and design into headphones as Beats™ by Dr. Dre™. Hands down, the Beats are a total fashion statement and rightly so. They look like precision and art embodied on head wearable technology. Plus, the Beats Studios come in a plethora of color options to match any personality. The Studios come with a finish-matched cable plus the famous Beats red cable. The JBLs come with a black cable that's not very beefy, which is too bad. I think the JBLs would benefit from a beefier cable, if not for better signal delivery then certainly a higher quality "looking" cable. The Beats' cables are beefy and eschew high quality craftsmanship. Bonus - If wearing the Beats makes you feel like your pumpkin is in a vice, you can always wear the headphones around your neck as a total fashion statement. Go to any mall USA and you will see how many people choose the fashion statement route.

WINNER: Beats Studio

CONCLUSION:

If how your headphones actually sound is important, and if you actually want to wear your headphones on your head, then the JBL Synchros Slates are hands-down the better purchase, in my opinion. If being seen wearing the same headphones as Lebron and Dr. Dre is important then the choice is obvious. Don't get me wrong, the Beats look sharp, are precision made and sound awesome. But the JBLs are built to high quality standards, too, and sound awesomer. Let your ears be the judge.

OVERALL WINNER: JBL Synchros Slate

Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

gal_463x407.jpg

I've been using the JBL Synchros Slate headphones since last week and am quickly finding them indispensable. They sound great. They cover my ears entirely for full immersion into whatever I'm listening, which is a good thing. And my favorite feature is the cord. More specifically, the "device" end jack is my favorite feature.

The device end of the cord has a 'L' bend stereo + mic jack. But even better than most other 'L' bend jacks is that JBL thought ahead and made the device end jack as flat as possible. This is an excellent feature because I like to game on my iPad.

20141201_102344_resized.jpg

Gaming on my iPad is no longer an exercise in manipulating my fingers around a protruding headphone jack. I can easily grasp my iPad with both hands and easily put my thumbs of fingers anywhere on the screen they need to be in order to snipe my enemy in Contract Killer, tap the Nitro boost in Asphalt 8 or perform front and rear somersaults in Trials Frontier.

20141201_102640_resized.jpg

Having the flat headphone jack also means I can hold my iPad with either hand when reading e-books and listening to background tunes. Sure, it seems like a small thing, but I appreciate the detail given by JBL to the experience of using their new Synchros Slate headphones.

Another awesome feature of the JBL Synchros Slates is they are 50% off for a limited time to anyone who purchases them from any Sprint retail store! Until Dec 26 the Synchros Slates are half price to everyone when you walk into a Sprint store. This deal is NOT available online (sorry Cyber-Monday'ers) but you must purchase from brick-n-mortar to get the deal.

Happy gaming everyone! Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

A few weeks ago, I was able to get my hands on the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones and have been extremely impressed.

jbl3.JPG

I am a bit of an audiophile when it comes to my music, so high-quality audio is important to me, and the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones provide outstanding sound quality.

Inside the JBL Synchros S500 Slate box, you’ll find:

• JBL Synchros S500 Slate Headphones - foldable
  • Carrying Case - handsome, black case with zipper featuring a furry, plush interior with a mesh area to hold other items, such as the cable, instructions, batteries, etc.
  • 3 AAA batteries
  • Cable with a 3 button remote, microphone, and clip
  • Quick-start Guide

The headphones are constructed with a lightweight, steel headband with soft, leather ear cushions, and are appealing in style as well.

The 3 AAA batteries are only needed to enable the JBL LiveStage™ technology which recreates the sense of spatial presence. LiveStage™ is great to have on when you’re listening to music, but I suggest you don’t have it enabled when you are on a call or listening to an audiobook or podcast. The headphones will work just fine without the batteries, but LiveStage™ ability would not be available.

Comfort

Having worked in radio and currently podcasting, I have had a lot of headphones. I can rightfully say that these JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones are the most comfortable feeling ones yet. I have found myself wearing them for hours while on calls, podcasting, and listening to music. They provide wonderful comfort.

Calls

When on calls, the sound quality is fantastic, and people on the receiving end of my calls say I sound crystal clear.

Music

When listening to music, I find myself not wanting to take off the headphones, as they provide the headspace I am seeking. The sound is so pure that I feel like I’m in my own world. JBL’s LiveStage™ brings music listening to another level, and JBL’s PureBass is ba ba ba boom!  Wow! 

I’m very pleased with the JBL Synchros S500 Slate headphones and highly recommend them. The JBL Synchros S500 Slate Headphones are available for purchase at Sprint.