Kyocera DuraPlus fact sheet
Exclusively from Sprint, Kyocera DuraPlus offers industry-leading push-to-talk capabilities of Sprint® Direct Connect® with the ability to tackle extreme conditions. Kyocera DuraPlus is the ultimate tool for people in a variety of industries including construction and transportation. Joining Kyocera DuraMax and Kyocera DuraCore in Kyocera’s Dura Series, Kyocera DuraPlus can take the abuse of harsh working conditions. It is certified to Military Standard 810G for resistance to dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, humidity, blowing rain and water immersion (up to 30 minutes in up to 1 meter of water). Kyocera DuraPlus features an embedded LED Flashlight with a dedicated button to help navigate power outages, read blueprints in unlit areas or for emergency response personnel working in dark conditions. Also unique to Kyocera DuraPlus is a remote speaker microphone jack allowing customers to use their phone with a heavy duty remote speaker/microphone accessory (sold separately; available exclusively from Sprint in the coming months). Additionally, it features an external charging port that enables the device to be used with a single or multi-bay charging station (sold separately). This is especially helpful for businesses who issue devices to shift workers, such as shuttle drivers or security personnel.
SPRINT DIRECT CONNECT FEATURES
· Sprint Direct Connect – Instant, one-to-one push-to-talk calling nationwide on the Sprint network, with any
other Direct Connect subscriber. Direct Connect is the core push-to-talk feature and is designed for
interoperability across Sprint and Nextel network platforms.
· Guaranteed Talk Permit – The assurance that when you hear the push-to-talk “chirp” that your call was
· Call Alert with Text – Send an audio alert with an optional text message to let another Direct Connect
subscriber know you are trying to reach them and why.
· Group Connect® – Communicate with up to 20 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers all at once – nationwide,
at the push of one button.
· TeamDCSM – Communicate with up to 200 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers at the same time nationwide.
· NextMail® – Send a recorded message to any email worldwide or mobile handset via text message by using the
Direct Connect button.
· Availability Notification – Request the availability status of another push-to-talk member and, if they are
busy, request a notification when they are free.
· One-Touch Direct Connect - Allows quick access to multiple direct connect options.
· Military Standard 810G Spec compliance for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, humidity, blowing rain,
low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, and water immersion (up to 30 minutes in up to one meter/3.28 ft. of water).
· Encased in rubber, non-slip Dura-Grip® material for sure hold and extra durability.
· Additional connectors for a remote speaker microphone and charging bay (optional accessories not included).
· Robust, front-ported speakerphone for excellent sound quality in noisy environments.
· Embedded LED Flashlight with dedicated button.
· Non-camera phone for jobs where cameras are prohibited.
· Ultra-efficient display produces superior brightness and contrast using less power, making it ideal in outdoor settings.
· Flat, stable bottom for freestanding operation.
· Limit Use – a great tool for business managers that restricts users from utilizing certain functions on the phone.
· Sprint Mobile Sync – add and edit all your contacts and groups, including TeamDC groups, online. Also allows you to
transfer contacts to a new phone and erase contact information from a lost phone.
· Large font option for menus.
· Sprint Navigation, Sprint Family Locator, Sprint Workforce Locator, NextMail® capable*.
· Autonomous GPS and Java MVM to support 3rd-party apps.
· Bluetooth® connectivity 2.0 + EDR (includes support for Bluetooth capable PTT headsets and barcode scanners).
· SMS and MMS messaging.
· Browser-based email for access to POP3 and IMAP accounts.
· 2.5 mm headphone jack (supports PTT headsets).
· Multiple language support – English, Spanish.
· Hearing aid compatibility (HAC): Rating M4/T4 TTY capable.
· Dimensions: 5.3 x 2.2 x .93 inches, weight: 6.67 oz
· Display: 2.0-inch QVGA TFT (240 x 320 pixels)
· Removable 1650 mAh battery for up to 9.5 hours continuous talk-time
*Kyocera and DuraGrip are registered trademarks of Kyocera Corporation. Bluetooth mark is owned by the Bluetooth
SIG Inc. and any use of such marks is under license. All other marks are properties of their respective owners.
We just got these phones and are having the issue that the Direct Connect will not work after you go roaming and then come back into Sprint coverage. You have to powercycle the phone to get the Direct Connect to work again. Sprint tech support said this was a known issue with the DuraMax that was preciously fixed with a software update. Any idea when we can expect a similar update for the DuraPlus?