cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Resistant Port Covers on Kyocera Dura Force Pro - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Water Resistant Port Covers on Kyocera Dura Force Pro - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Splash.jpg

As I mentioned before, the Kyocera Dura Force Pro is built well and built tough.  The outer skin is every bit as rugged as even the most heavy duty cases.  The jet-black tactical finish looks and feels like it’s ready for battle but what I really am impressed by is the actual port covers.

At the top of the unit is your standard headphone/mic port.  What I like (besides the cover) is the port itself is wide.  It will fit pretty much fit any plug, which means studio headphones and earbuds alike will work just fine.  It sounds silly but lately a lot of top shelf cases have forgotten this and that alone is why I avoid many manufacturers’ offerings.  With the Kyocera essentially being an integrated case outer shell, I think they did it well.  The outer port cover is over 1mm thick and has an additional 2mm plug with a red O-ring gasket.  It feels solid and both the tab and leash (what anchors the port to the phone) feel like a good composite material.  When closed, it is totally flush and doesn’t have any tabs to catch on your clothes. Likewise it is easy to open and close.  Bottom line is it feels quality and functions well. 

1.jpg

Flip the phone over and you’ll see the same attention to detail made with the charging port.  In my world this is probably the most important place where you can’t cut corners.  After all, this port is guaranteed to be used daily and needs to remain durable, well protected.  Again, the outer port cover is over 1mm thick and has an additional 2mm plug with a red O-ring gasket.  It feels just as solid on both the tab and leash.  The actual port cover is pretty large (about 17mm X 10mm) and gives you plenty of room.  I’ve tested multiple charging cables and each fit well with no obstruction by the port housing or cover.

2.jpg

Finally, the port covering the SIM/SD slots are best accessed with the back cover off.  Under this cover you’ll see a much heavier duty red rubber gasket.  The outer port cover is over 1mm thick and has an additional 1mm red O-ring gasket, which is fused to the cover. This is probably the least accessed port you will ever use but also nice to see they practiced the same degree of detail and durability.  I also am just fine making this port not easy to access.  This is the port you probably will open once and leave closed for the duration if your ownership. 

3.jpg

All and all Kyocera Dura Force Pro does its part to live up to Waterproof/dustproof, MIL-STD 810G standard.  I’m always first to challenge that but honestly the more I see of the Dura Force Pro, the more I feel tests unnecessary.  This is one solid built phone.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat