cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Talk and surf on these phones?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Where is Talk and surf on these phones?

Yet again there is no availbility to talk and surf with this phone, I would think that Sprint would learn from previous phones that they released,  please fix this.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Master

Re: Where is Talk and surf on these phones?

Hi LSWANJR67, some Sprint devices have a single-radio and because of that reason, do not support simultaneous voice and data use. Therefore, at this time the only option is to use WiFi to talk and surf simultaneously, also, you can use calling apps for voice calls that use the data network.

VoLTE is on our roadmap but a date has not been announced for commercial deployment

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for being part of the Sprint family, have a great day!

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

It would have been so nice if things weren't changed until the system rolled out.  Old Galaxy S4 could do it as it on 4g only and it wasn't Spark labeled phone, but my S5 which is Spark won't.

I know see Sprint is rolling out Gigibit in New Orleans which is yet again reliant on a completely new phone and no word if simelataneous talk and data on that network.  

Please finish whatever is keeping us owners of existing phones who can't spend $600 or more on a new phone the ability to do this.  It's not often I need to use both at once, but it's those times I need it seems to be that moment that things would have went so much better with the option.

Sprint Social Care

lancer199135

We do understand how important to use this feature may be for you! The reason why you're unable to talk and surf at the same time, is because a single radio better supports the new Sprint LTE Plus network, and preserves device battery life. When connected to Wi-Fi, you can make calls and access data.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused. You can also learn more about what we are doing to improve our network by visiting, www.sprint.com/network.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ciara,

While appreciate the reply. Sprint never said I'd be losing a feature when I upgraded my phone. That to me says Sprint is more concerned with a profit than trying to balance both. Please explain to me while driving down the road in running a GPS directions app that updated real-time traffic updates, so someone calls me and during that call an accident occurs ahead, but since I can't get data updates while on the phone and this magical WiFi system you speak of is on the highway, I miss getting re-routed and tied up in traffic for an hour.

Be honest with your customers. I've been reading the same BS public address statements for over a year that we are working on enabling that option with Spark. It obviously will never happen and when it does you'll say my S5 doesn't have the right antenna. BTW, I know people with phones that are capable of all US signals and go abroad and never hear them complain about those extra antennas killing battery. Nice try though.

Sorry to rant on someone else's thread but this crap just irritates me. Wish my S4 didn't die.
GrandMaster

the agent explained why your S4 could do it while the S5 currently can not. unless you have a better answer as to why you think it should or shouldnt by all means post away. the agent is correct on everything they posted. for the newer spark capable device VoLTE must be deployed for this to happen..even Verizon had to start deploying it in order for their newer phones to actually have both abilities..they are STILL deploying this..so no not all of their areas are able to do this with the newer phones.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman aby
Journeyman

Where can I find the details on which devices are capable of doing this (talk and surf). Also where all your network support this.

Sprint Social Care

aby,  We currently do not have that information officially, but we are currently working on the Voice over LTE (VoLTE) this means better sounding voice calls and the ability to use voice and data at the same time (simultaneously) on the data network. VoLTE is on Sprint’s roadmap but we have not announced a timeframe, network updates are in progress to improve LTE coverage/capacity. Please bear with us.

Kryshna

Sprint Social Care Team

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hard to do wifi going down the interstate highway 70 MPH....  
Sprint continuously leads customers on with the proverbial carrot promises of network upgrades that will allow simultaneous voice and data. AND NO! I DON'T MEAN WIFI!  
Sprint is the ONLY carrier that is technologically challenged in this area due to some real crappy engineering decisions that were made for their 4G build out.  And the carrot doesn't seem to be getting any closer or obtainable.  Call and ask ANYONE at Sprint. No one has a definitive or truthful answer or it a scripted apology followed by a "Please be patient".  Well, it's been 2 years and the patience is near worn out!     
Is anyone at Sprint listening????

GrandMaster

theyre listening..but they can not say anything until its been publicly announced.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yea... But after 2 years of stuff, I'm sick of it...

Journeyman

An informed customer is usually a more loyal customer.  If it's bad news, I move to the competition based on being informed with good intel rather than just making the jump as uninformed pissed off customer.  Or I stay with Sprint knowing that it will come soon.  
But! Lying to a customer by telling him that a new Iphone will solve the issue and try to trap him into another 2 year lease.  That's just wrong.  They used to hang people for thievery. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat