cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else think that the Kyocera DuraMax totally sucks?

Journeyman

Does anyone else think that the Kyocera DuraMax totally sucks?

DuraMax stinks. If you have a text message on your screen, you can't place a PTT call. PTT service is horribly slow and quality is beyond awful. Anyone have experience with AT&T PTT?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Does anyone else think that the Kyocera DuraMax totally sucks?

Rick11210

That is not good at all.

Has this always been an issue with the device since you have had it?

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the dura XT and it is the same way, it will not direct connect always says user is busy, also all circuts busy, it drops calls when you're talking on the phone . This is the worst phone I have ever owned. The old Nextel was twice the phone and service. How do you get out of two year contract. Been a long time customer all I want is out , Ill never do business with sprint again

Journeyman

I have 8 phones. All are experiencing the same problem.

Journeyman

We have similar PTT connection problems with our Kyocera Torque "smartphones". In fact, I now call Sprint's CDMA-based PTT service "Sprint DOESN'T Connect"  😉

I have not been able to figure out if the extremely poor PTT performance is due to Sprint's lousy 3G network (i.e. spotty coverage & weak signal), or if it is in the switches in the network nodes (i.e. the switches don't put PTT calls as a high priority), or if maybe it is a power-management issue on the phones (i.e. the handsets themselves are programmed to save battery power by turning off 3G when it's not in use, and then when you want to make a PTT call it takes awhile to re-connect to 3G). We regularly are able to get first-time SDC connections only about 50% of the time, and we get lots & lots of error messages (codes 310, 320, 800, 900) all the rest of the huge number of times SDC refuses to connect.

Whatever the cause(s), it is clear to me that Sprint DOESN'T Connect is, in southern California, maybe 30% overall as good Nextel Direct Connect was, and effectively we have far less PTT coverage with Sprint's CDMA PTT than we had with Nextel (even though the Sprint executives spout at news conference after news conference how Sprint DOESN'T Connect has 3X the coverage of Nextel iDEN).

It's a cryin' shame what a poor performer Sprint's CDMA-based PTT ahs turned out to be, and it's not just your DuraMax phones that are at fault, it's Sprint's overall implementation of PTT over CDMA. Will Network Vision cure these PTT issues? Heaven only knows...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat