cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/1 - Kyocera Echo Software Update - Android 2.3

Journeyman

8/1 - Kyocera Echo Maintenance Release - Android 2.3

Updated last night, phone has been crawling ever since. I dont see any keyboard, half of my apps show up as not installed ( I am guessing this problem is related to them being installed from amazon appstore and now I cant login there as I dont have any keyboard). I uninstalled swiftkeyX which I had running but in Settings->Language/Keyboard, I dont see an option to select an Input Method. Anyone facing something similar or have any ideas on what is happening.

Master

To get your keyboard back, Open up an anything where you input text(Messaging, notes,email etc..), Long hold in the area where you input text and a menu will pop up with the option(Input Method) to choose a keyboard, Select one and your keyboard should appear..

Journeyman

I just got a replacement phone, and now I can't get the update.  What gives?

Journeyman

did they pull the update again? i updated on 8/10 when it was re-released and it bricked my phone. now with the replacement i'm unable to update the firmware.. guess there's issue with it again... oh boy....

Journeyman

Anyone with a "revived" Echo have success or failure with the re-released update??  In other words, if Sprint's repair stores were able to unbrick your Echo, has anyone been able to successfully update their Echo.

Mine was unbricked with my settings and apps intact and NOT a factory restore or flash.  I've read that some had success with the re-released update, but a few have had it (re?)brick their phones.  I want to update, yet I'm afraid of going through the fiasco that occurred after the intial rolling out of the update.  There hasn't been enough or as much confirmation as I'd have expected.  Is there anyone at Sprint that can confirm??

Journeyman

Re: 8/1 - Kyocera Echo Maintenance Release - Android 2.3

i have had my replacement phone since the 4th and still no 2.3 whats the problem?

they could not un brick my phone.

Master

I do not blame you one bit for being cautious about updating your device software after what happened with the first update.  However all of the info I can find about the latest update says it should be fine.  The device here in our phone library successfully updated without a problem.  Are you having trouble getting it to update?  Do you get any kind of error message? 

Thanks

-John

Journeyman

If it is anything like my problem u can't update it at all.  The phone says there is no update to install, but the replacement phone was brand new and only updated to 1.100sp.  Actually this phone randomly restarts for no reason so the update would probably be better than what I  am currently experiencing now.  Some answers would be welcomed.

Master

I did check and you are currently on Kyocera - Echo (M9300) - v1.100 - 6/2/2011 - the newest version is: Kyocera - Echo (M9300) - v 2.002 - 8/5/2011.  I sent the "update default firmware" command

Update Default Firmware2011-08-21 11:48:34

to your phone.  Can you tell me if your device is downloading any software?

Thanks

-John

Journeyman

Still no update

Master

Well then let's back up your contacts to the storage card (contacts/menu/import export/export to SD card), make sure you know your gmail address & password (so you can make sure you get your apps back), and factory data reset the device (home/menu/settings/privacy/factory data reset).  Then try the update manually on the phone after the reset.  If that doesn't work, you're going to have to go to a Sprint Service & Repair Center for Over the Wire Updates. 

I apologize that you're options are reduced to hard reset or store visit.  Please reply back with the status and I'll be happy to help.

thanks

-John

Journeyman

Is it possible to send it again? Also are there any outages in my area, I have been roaming since Friday in areas where I have not. Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat