cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/1 - Kyocera Echo Software Update - Android 2.3

Master

8/1 - Kyocera Echo Maintenance Release - Android 2.3

SENTUpdate Default Firmware2011-08-21 13:43:45

Also assuming your physical address on your Sprint account is the one you are talking about:

Single Cellsite 7900953 At 2011/08/19 19:40:22 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Central Pennsylvania : Scranton / Wilkes-Barre / Hazleton Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) We estimate a time to repair to be 08/20/2011 02:40:00 CST . 08/19/2011 14:40:00 CST 3 Not Cleared 08/19/2011 15:34:26 CST NY33HO078 White Haven PA 18661

The outage is still not cleared and we are 1 day past the estimated ETA date so it should be fixed as soon as possible.

I do apologize to you for the outage and inability to get the software updated.  Once your network outage is corrected and your data is working properly, please again try the software update.  And if you still have trouble getting it to update, then perform the procedure I outlined in my previous post.

thanks again

-John

Journeyman

I've called two repair centers in Manhattan, NY and they do not know there was an update to the Gingerbread. I went to two Sprint stores and they were also unaware and unable to complete the update. The Echo phones in their store EVEN gave error 8507- Unable to update. At least theirs rebooted and mines didn't. This has been a very difficult update. I am finally getting a replacement in a few days and I hope it will have the update installed or be able to update without any errors.

Journeyman

Has anyone updated his/her Echo recently and had success? I keep reading these reviews about bricking and I'm scared to update my phone because of it.

Journeyman

Re: 8/1 - Kyocera Echo Maintenance Release - Android 2.3

Ok, I went to a sprint corporate store today, and I was told that the update was pulled.  I don't know how true that is or if that the tech was going by old information, but he said he could not help me.  This was after leaving my phone with them for over an hour plus the 50 miles one way.  It seems that no one is aware of what's going on with the products that they either sell or repair, in the stores at least.  IDK what can be done at this point, but it is very frustrating to be stuck with a replacement phone that is not working like the original one purchased.

Journeyman

I wouldn't update unless you have insurance on it.. Otherwise you will be billed $35 for replacement and the risk of not having a phone for a few days.

Journeyman

I think they just have the wrong information. i went to several stores and they didn't even know about the update. I even called several Sprint Repair stores and they don't even know there's an udpate on the Echo. I guess they just don't pass the information around. Also I contacted Kyocera and was told the udpate is available and if I am not able to get it Over the Air I should go to the Sprint store to do a manual update. I did that 3x and it didn't work out. Now I am waiting for a Reconditioned phone because my phone fails to pick up the OTA update.

My first udpate went awry with error code 8507 and it never booted up again. This is my 2nd phone and shouldn't updates be easy as pressing on update, download and install??? I guess not.

I also try to update the Echos in 2 Sprint stores and guess what.. They displayed error 8507 too but at least the devices were able to reboot itself back to working state.

I heard that to minimize getting an error, backup all your data, do a factory reset, plugged in your device to ac power and then try the update..

Good Luck...

Master

gusmcnasty wrote:

Ok, I went to a sprint corporate store today, and I was told that the update was pulled.  I don't know how true that is or if that the tech was going by old information, but he said he could not help me.  This was after leaving my phone with them for over an hour plus the 50 miles one way.  It seems that no one is aware of what's going on with the products that they either sell or repair, in the stores at least.  IDK what can be done at this point, but it is very frustrating to be stuck with a replacement phone that is not working like the original one purchased.

The update was pulled a few hours after going live because it was causing phones to not boot after the update. That issue has been fixed and the update has been released again.

This information was already provided in an update to he first post i nthis thread and separately in this thread here for those who don't check the first post for updates: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/73727?start=0&tstart=0

Corporate technicians are provided information via an internal service and repair forum/portal as well as separate notices in email for major updates/changes. Stores that do not have technicians may not get the same information since they aren't capable of doing manual updates anyway. I also am not 100% sure how information is distributed to non-corporate S&R locations since I work in a company-owned store.

Master

It was also pulled again yesterday(8/22) and supposed to be re-released sometime today(8/23)

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/327218#327218

HTC has experienced some technical problems that will prevent the upgrade from being pushed today (8/22).  The problems are not directly related to the upgrade but I wanted to note it here for your information.  The upgrade will continue being pushed to devices again tomorrow. 

Master

Levi4u wrote:

It was also pulled again yesterday(8/22) and supposed to be re-released sometime today(8/23)

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/327218#327218

HTC has experienced some technical problems that will prevent the upgrade from being pushed today (8/22).  The problems are not directly related to the upgrade but I wanted to note it here for your information.  The upgrade will continue being pushed to devices again tomorrow. 

Wrong thread... this thread is for the Kyocera Echo, not the EVO 3D.

Master

OOPS! Sorry. Not enough coffee this am.

Journeyman

b4 I wrote anything, I checked, there was nothing about the update being pulled again. I was simply saying that there is some miscommunication somewhere in the loop and us as customers are in the middle.  As of 12pm today tech support says that the update has been pulled again, and the store I went to yesterday says the same thing, but other echo users are able to update their phones without a glitch according to the other thread.

Journeyman

This is a neat phone.  2.3.4 updated no problem this morning  " Gingerbread " it states..  Patience paid off, and got it free on my upgrade at Radio Shack.

Hotspot gave an error which caused a factory reset to fix...but better on the first day than say, 7 months like when my Evo took an unexplained dump-to-factory-reset.

But I still have it to fall back on should this phone become lesser than I wanted.  Most of my apps use the two screens without a hitch. the middle doesn't seem to bother me like I thought it would, and the 3g is fast enough.  My 4g was spotty at best on my Evo.

Cool phone...

Spent A lot of time with the Evo 3d and couldn't get past the eye-games the 3d was causing...this'll do til it doesn't.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat