cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/1 - Kyocera Echo Software Update - Android 2.3

Journeyman

8/1 - Kyocera Echo Maintenance Release - Android 2.3

After my last post, I finally decided to upgrade to 2.3. I did so this morning, with success. Gingerbread is up and running!

Journeyman

I updated on 8/17 - and all is working just fine

Android version 2.3.4

Kernal version 2.6.35.7

Build number GINGERBREAD

REF: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/325892#325892

Journeyman

I have discovered one change in the android 2.3 updated: Simul-Task mode has been disabled. I can no longer run two of the core apps at a time. (Placing two fingers on each screen simulaneously does not bring up the menu as it normally does. instead, it seems to only recognize one of my fingers at a time)

Sprint Employee

Re: 8/1 - Kyocera Echo Maintenance Release - Android 2.3

Hello all, if you are having trouble using Simul-task then try opening a ST capable app like email, or contacts (you'll see the blue/gray ST icon on the app's icon), then double tap both screens to bring up the ST launcher.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

well it is september 5 2012 and i updated my echo early this morning and it bricked so i had to go a wholde day phonless.

Journeyman

My son said his phone did an OTA update a few days ago and now it is bricked as well (hangs on the Kyocera screen after power up). Can a corporate store with technicians fix this?

Sprint Employee

They should be able to, and if for some reason they cannot they will replace the phone per their service & repair guidelines.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I finally had time to take into a corporate Sprint store last evening. I dropped it off and came back several hours later. The tech had no success resetting the phone and it is still a brick. They offered to order a refurbished replacement for $35 but then recommended not spending any more money on this particular model because of all of the issues they have seen with it.

My son says the phone was fully charged and all he did was answer yes to the OTA update. Now it seems to be permanently broken.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat