cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cause Code 3 & 3 way calls

Journeyman

Cause Code 3 & 3 way calls

I have had these a problem with this phone ever since I received it.

1st : Text messaging is normally fine. However occasionally it will lock onto a particular contact and no longer let me send text messages to them. I say lock on because once I receive the "Cause Code 3" error message I can NEVER text them back again. Not after a shut down and restart. Not after the battery is removed for 2mins and place back in for another restart. Nothing works. It's very peculiar as I can text other contacts and that person can text me, but whenever I attempt to text the contact back I receive the error message/notification "Cause Code 3!". Then when I drag open the notifications window it reads: "Network Problems. Message saves as ??(It is cut off & doesn't show the rest of the message)??". Once I select that message on the notifications screen it takes me back to the text messenger window and this error message pops up: "Undeliverable message. Unable to send this message". Is this a software problem? I have taken my phone in to a Sprint repair store twice for this same problem and the only solution the stores give me are to replace the phone. I have replaced the phone once and had no problems for 2 months and then it started again today. Once they looked at my phone today they suggested a replacement phone again. They would like to provide me with another replacement phone that is not the echo but they are downgrades, that I do NOT like at all.

2nd: I can place regular calls easily. However whenever I would like to place a 3 way call I am unable to. I am able to place one phone call, then select the "Add Call" option from the phone menu. I am also able to select the contact that I would like to add to the call. However once I select the contact the call hangs up completely. Both calls are dropped and that happens each time I try. I also brought my phone into a Sprint store for this issue along with the the text messaging issue and was told it might be due to a reception problem in the phone. When the replacement phone arrived I was able to place a 3 way call while in the store. However, 2 weeks later the same problem occurred. It seems like it works for certain numbers but for others it does not. Is this a another software problem or possibly a problem with the way the contacts are loaded in my phone?

I love my Echo. It freezes often & the 3 way calling I have work arounds and can deal with. However not being able to text message certain people at times has become VERY annoying and my latest issue with it hindered my communication during a family crisis. Any advice/solutions other than down grading my phone would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Cause Code 3 & 3 way calls

Also experiencing this issue. Any updates guys?

Journeyman

SAYACE99,

This sounds extremely odd to me. It sounds like you have done all that you can, and that would include the typical profile update as well. I would like to look into how your device is performing through each step of the texting process and see if we can find what is causing this. Once we nail down thetexting behavior we will move on to the three way calling and see what we can do. Please PM me your phone number and PIN so that I can get started on this right away.

*Ben

Social Care

Journeyman

Since his post is from May and it's currently december... i'll go ahead and give you a synopsis

I can text anyone just fine except for one person. I do not text super-often, 3-5 messages, sometimes 10 a day.

so, when i text this ONE person- it lags at "sending message"- then after a few moments my signal bars immediately drop from almost full to none- and i get a cause code 3 error. I am also using a kyocera echo.

the problem persists after a reboot.

Journeyman

also why can i not see samantha's response to this topic?

Wizard

Slammish,

I am here! When I posted I saw Ben was already helping, so I deleted mine. Ben told me I can take over! Can I get your zip and cross streets to take a look into your area? Also have you noticed any patterns in your texting errors, like times, or places. With this one person, do they get any of your text, and can you get their texts? Who is their provider?

Samantha

Social Care

Journeyman

lol. alright. 18017 in PA- it's happened everywhere i've tried it but i'm on 4th and hayes in bethlehem pa. so

4th street at hayes street bethlehem PA 18017

you can also use spillman drive, bethlehem PA 18055.

i've also tried it about 60 miles south in Philadelphia PA, Bristol PA and PennDel PA

There are no patterns, it's just a speciffic person- every time, every place i've tested. no texts received by said person- I believe verizon is his provider.

thanks

Wizard

Slammish,

Don’t see anything in your area that would block texts. Let get the basics taken care of...  Make sure that the person you are texting isn't blocking you, and you are not blocking them. You can do that by texting "allow <phone number>" to 9999 http://bit.ly/12H8s7C. Will you also make sure that your contact info for this person is correct, and there are not spaces in front, middle, or end of their number?

Samantha

Social Care

Journeyman

well, i get messages from him just fine- i just cannot send to him. probably should have specified that.

blocking is not an issue and the number seems fine                   

Wizard

Slammish,

Thanks for the quick responses! Will you private message me a good alternate number to call, with your cell phone number, and the number of the person you are not able to text?  I look forward to hearing from you!

Samantha

Social Care

Journeyman

some more weird stuff that happens - when i try to call the guy sometimes it shows up as having extra numbers in the contact and says "the number or code you've dialed is incorrect"

so i went back and edited the contact info, reentered the number in. doesn't help texting though, and sometimes 50-% of the time i can call out to this guy

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat