Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flakey sd card?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Flakey sd card?

Hello,

I have had & loved my Echo since July 2011.

The last couple of days, the 3g speeds were horrible at one tower (near my home/office). At other locations, everything worked fine (normal 3g speeds).

Today, I was trying to add music to the sd card, and received a ‘write protected error’. I turned the phone off, pulled the card, phone on, phone off, insert card, phone on.

then tested At my usual home/office location Speakeasy.net dl 1.35mbps, ul .5mbps (after correcting the write protection on the card).

Earlier today, about 15 miles due south speakeasy dl 2.06mbps ul .23mbps. Here is the strange part, that was before I corrected the sd card.

(I posted the actual locations in the network forum for tower assistance).

Could the card affect data speeds?

Any one else have sd card problems?

Should I reformat it?

Or wait & see?

Thanks,

Glenn

Kyocera Echo PRL 60687  software 2.006sp

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Flakey sd card?

SD  card should not affect  device data speeds. If you're getting write protected error, then  you may have to re-format the card and re-formatiing will erase all info from the sd card. Also I would suggest you to check on the side of the SD Card to see if your card is locked or not.

How to remove a write protection from your sd card. Insert sd card into your laptop  and then go to my computer or computer- find the sd card drive- right click on the sd card drive and then re-format the sd card.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

Thanks Abe, I’ll give that a try.

The error is intermittent, and recent. So rather frustrating.

I’m thinking  $10-$15 for a new 8gb class 6 or 10 sdhc card might be $$$ well spent.

Glenn

Master

If the error intermittent, I would suggest you to copy info from the SD card and then re-format the card.

Thanks

Abe

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat