cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kyocera Echo turned into nightnmare.

Journeyman

Ok maybe someone can help me with tis or let me know if I am the only one as I am getting a little peeved about this last update. Sure it sounds all nice but eversince the update my Echo might as well be an illuminated brick! It constantly freezes, icons dissappear and don't come back until I remove the battery, it goes blank screen and wont turn on again until I remove the battery. I mean I wasn't impressed with this phone as it was with my battery that lasts 25 seconds (well maybe a LITTLE longer but I digress) but at least it worked and didnt freeze on me (as much). Well I am off to pull out my battery AGAIN to see if I can get my phone to work. Can anyone help???

Another question:

I have a 2 year contract, this phone is obviously upsetting me...can I just restart a new 2 year contract with a phone that won't cause as many headaches without paying the early termination fee? I mean if the phone worked properly I would keep it no problems but it seems like a phone having some serious issues would warrant a plan/device change without penalty.

Thank you,

Brian

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

I am having the same issues with mine and my wifes. It also wont let me answer phone calls, and dont get a signal for nothin. I talked to sprint and they just say have a tech look at it, or use your warrenty and get a new one for 50 bucks. Why do I want to pay for another piece of crap.

I am with you on the contract deal. Give us a different phone.

Journeyman

Re: Kyocera Echo turned into nightnmare.

I have the Echo as well.  My issues are pretty much the same.  The phone resets itself several times a day.  Twice, when it reset, I lost all my contact information stored in the phone.  I now do not have contact information for some of my friends because I trusted the phone to save my contacts.  I have to constantly pull and replace the battery to get my Icons back or to cancel out a frozen screen. 

I can never use the Navigation program because the phone ends up locking up or resets itself.  If I had a real emergency, like someone having a heart attack of something, I couldn't even trust my phone to work long enough to get help.  Sprint may end up in a court battle if something like this ever happens to a customer. 

The other issue I am having with the phone is that it frequently fails to ring when I receive an incoming call.  There is no vibration or ring tone.  I will pick up my phone and have missed call alerts.  I have only had the phone since September. I have poor reception.  My last phone had better reception in the same places that the Echo.  I can't even use the phone at home because I rarely get a signal, while my mom's phone has 3-4 bars  and the phones are set side by side.  I hate this phone, it is a piece of crap.

And taking it in to the Sprint store is worthless, because they just say "It seems to be  working okay right now."  And I am left with a phone that doesn't work  and a monthly bill for services I don't can't even use.  Anyone want to start a class action suit against Sprint.  Any attorneys out there?

My mom got the Htc Evo shift 4G and she doesn't have any of these problems. (At least she doesn't for now.) I wish Sprint would let me trade for that phone without having to eat the price of this phone.  We are talking about boycotting Sprint and going to a local carreir service.  Sprint used to be a good carrier, now it is less than a mediocre service.

Monica

Journeyman

Put simply we all got screwed on this device.

All I can tell you guys is to root it, it becomes a pretty good device when you modify and remove the crap

Sprint has dropped support for us so we pretty much have to take it into our own hands

Journeyman

Would seem that way, eh DreV3?  What Floored me was when my first ( I'm on my second ) Echo was goofy freezing on start up and I took it to Sprint to fix/reset/whatever, they couldn't do anything but offer a replacement phone.  Why?, apparently Kyocera Thought we didn't need a recovery, so they failed to provide one with the gingerbread update...An android phone with no recovery...whoda thunk???

Kyocera stated they didn't think people should modify the phone...fine, but then they left Sprint with no way to reset a phone that won't boot correctly or is in a boot loop situation....GREAT IDEA GUYS!!! ( I'll have whatever they're smoking )

Thanks to those who actually care enough to look out where big corps failed, we now have a recovery, and if we choose, root, themes, bootanimations, splashscreen mods, font changes, and an actual way to fix a Kyocera Echo stuck in a boot loop, or a frozen start screen....

no thanks to the creators who left us behind....we can even force a recovery on our phone using a computer ( via usb )

Sprint left me with a sorry bout your luck...we won't worry bout that again....will we

I removed the " Kyocera " Splash Screen...and replaced it with, you guessed it....a super genius!!!!

I really like this phone

Journeyman

All issues are the same...if you do get a new one, it will have the same problems.  When I first got the phone, I loved it.  That quickly changed with the first software update that sprint pushed.  From then on, no process will run reliably on the phone.  Everything has experienced an error and shuts down.   I have had mine replaced 3 times...all with the same issues.  Sprints refusal to take this phone back or allow an out of cycle upgrade has steeled my resolve to not upgrade with Spint when the time comes and go to a different carrier.

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for almost 12 years!  If it weren't the having the best plan for smart phone, we would have left. 

I could type a novel on the issues I have had and still continue to have with my Echo. I am on the 3rd replacement and my have to go get another one!!  And with our oh so helpful cutomer service the only option I get is to give my a new piece of $hit in a nice new box.  On the perferred plan, I would have been able to upgrade by now.  Since the change in policy is now 18 months!  I am stuck! Oh, unless  I want to fork out $500 for an upgrade that they are giving to new customers for free!

Journeyman

I

I have the same issues as everyone else. I love, love, loved my phone at first. It became practically unusable almost a year ago, and then it started looping on the startup screen. The first time I was able to pull that battery and get it to work, the second time I was able to pull the sd card to make it work, this time I was forced to take it to the store and am now without a phone for 3 days as they order a new one. This phone went from amazing to a nightmare in less than a year. We have 5 phones on our line and I am considering leaving sprint after so many years over this phone and customer service issues. I miss my 12 month upgrades.

I am glad they do not seem to sell it anymore, but those of us stuck with it need some support.

Journeyman

Goygacon,

You mentioned above that we can now fix these issues like boot loops. Could you let us in on the secret? ; )  My phone was working pretty normal when my battery died, so I changed it and it's done nothing but boot loop since. Very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat