cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update 2.3.4 issues

Journeyman

update 2.3.4 issues

I've had some pretty big problems with this latest update. Sure it added some neat stuff, but it cut my battery life in half, the ECO mode doesn't function correctly (never stays on or even "auto" after charging), hangs when I try to unlock the screen (pattern and it stays frozen for 30-60 seconds before responding),my Bluetooth devices are cutting out, and, most importantly, now the phone process is crashing on me on every other call (with and without Bluetooth headsets).  For the battery issue I've had to resort to using the extra battery pack now, but I didn't have to before. I've even disabled the GPS and it still drains the juice extremely fast. Anybody else seeing the same thing or have a fix for some of this?  Please, Kyocera developers, no more "new" features until you fix the problems.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

update 2.3.4 issues

Strange you started having battery problems after the update. I have improved battery life. Do you see same battery life with both your bats?

A few days after I got the phone one of my batterys did fail (10 min. to charge and 5min to disscharge!) Sprint replaced it.

Journeyman

update 2.3.4 issues

I have noticed similar problems. Every time my phone randomly reboots (still a problem) it turns off the "ECO Mode" and when its charging it turns off and never turns back on. I've noticed that when unlocking the phone it takes several seconds for the icons to appear. Also when making a phone call i've seen "application PHONE has FORCE CLOSED" and when ending a call i've seen " processes PHONE has ended unexpectedly". Does anyone know how to uninstall "Jibe" it doesn't matter how many times i force stop its always running and ive never used it!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat