cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Kyocera Hydro Vibe Weekend Experiment

Journeyman

With possibly, a bit of genius, I foreshadowed an incident in my first blog which occurred over the weekend….

My kids must have heard that my new Kyocera Hydro Vibe is waterproof. In disbelief and skepticism, they decided to put the claim to the test. Despite his young age (almost 2yrs old) my son crafted a rather complex experiment, no doubt with the help of his twin sister as she’s the “brains” of many operations concocted by the two. The experiment consisted of:

1.       a Kyocera Hydro Vibe

2.       a set of toddle lego-type blocks

3.       a distracted father (very important to the success of the experiment)

4.       a toilet

5.       a semi closed bathroom door.

I haven’t been able to get them to disclose all of the details, but the plot went something like this. My daughter brought me a structure of large blocks the two had been working on for about two whole minutes without fighting over them. I was admiring it while my son grabbed my phone. It is not uncommon for him to do so, and I have it password locked so I’m not too afraid of them playing with it.

Barely noticing my son’s acquisition of my phone, I began asking my daughter questions about the color scheme for the structure...

me: “Do you know this color?”
Her: “PURPLE!!”
me: “that’s right! Great job!”

I heard a loud bang from behind me. I immediately knew what the sound was, and raced toward the bathroom to find the toilet seat closed and my son standing next to it staring at me expectantly. I took a deep breath, and fished my phone from the water. I rinsed the device off and dried it with a towel. Thankfully they had chosen to experiment with my Kyocera Hydro Vibe, and not my wife’s phone.

The phone is alive and well today, and working with no issues! Can you say your device would do the same?

Thanks for reading, For more info on the Hydro Vibe visit Kyocera Hydro Vibe

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.