cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Kyocera Hydro Vibe customization features

Journeyman

hydro1.jpg

Customization is at the heart of what makes Android such a great operating system.

Whether talking about developer optimizations, or just being able to tweak the amount

of home screens the phone has, the open source nature of Android gives limitless

possibilities to what you can (theoretically) do. The good news is that you do not have to

be developer to use some of the stock customization features on the Kyocera Hydro Vibe.

Here are a few that stood out:

1. Change the amount of home screens you have

If you "pinch" on any home screen (as if you were zooming out of a picture), you can

add or remove them at your leisure. This is great if you prefer to use less than the

stock 5 that come pre-set. To add one, just touch the "+" sign. To remove one,

simply touch and hold the one(s) you want removed, then drag them to the "Remove"

icon that pops up at the top of the screen.

2. Customize shortcuts on your Lock Screen

I do not personally use this, simply because I like a very clear/simplistic lock screen,

but I can definitely see the appeal. You can choose shortcuts to launch applications

right from the lock screen, depending on how you decide to "unlock" it. If you

decided not to do it when you first turned on the phone, or simply to want to change

them to something else, go to settings, and under the "personal" section, select

lock screen, select swipe settings, and you can change it there.

3. Change your app drawer from the normal alphabetical to whatever you want!

This one caught me off guard when I was trying to drag an icon to the home screen.

Simply long press an icon and drag it anywhere you want in the app drawer. This

can come in handy to position apps you use all the time before others, which means

the option of less clutter on the home screen.

4. Easy mode view

This one is good for users not too familiar with smartphones (e.g. myFirstPhone preteen,

grandma, etc). If you go to settings, then press Home Mode, you can toggle from the

Easy mode view to Standard View, and back! Although it essentially lowers the

functionality of the homescreen, all the important stuff is on there, making it easier to

manage for the inexperienced or the visually impaired.

Have any favorites you want to share? Feel free to post below.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee