cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Pictures when they count

Sprint Product Ambassador

My son is 1 year old and, as I've mentioned before, we have a pool thus the wife and I thought it was time that he took baby survival swimming classes. These classes teach your child how to survive if they fall into a pool or another body of water. They go down face first, flip over, then float on their backs, keeping their heads above water, pushing themselves towards the sides of the pool, taking small rests in between to not get exhausted. These classes can potentially be a literal life saver, especially here in Florida.

We were are his 6th lesson last Monday and it occurred to me that I could take pictures and videos of his swimming from under the water, all due to the Kyocera Hydro Vibe's waterproofing! I asked the instructor if it was alright with him if I took some pictures from under the water and he thought it was the greatest idea ever. Unfortunately, it had just rained so my pants got soaking wet when I leaned down to take the pictures. lol (As I was outside of the pool.) The videos I won't show here because he is mostly crying in them. (It can safe his life but it's still scary for him to be in the water learning.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/ivanmmj/KIMG0059.jpg

This was shortly before he successfully started floating on his own. Unfortunately, by that time, my soaking knees had gotten up on my feet.

All in all, if I want to catch him while he's floating on his own:

1. Bring Kyocera Hydro Edge (check)

2. Wear shorts (or rain coat pants) if it just rained (This is Florida, it ALWAYS just rained at 4PM.)

*For those wondering, it only took 4 lessons for him to start floating on his own. I'm hoping he'll be an expert swimmer by the time he's 3. Maybe then he can teach me a thing or two about swimming.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee