cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Final Impressions and MagniFont Features

Sprint Product Ambassador

I've been using the Kyocera Hydro Vibe for about four weeks. Overall I like the device and would recommend it to a certain audience. The main features that I like most are the "life proof" features, like being water resistant to a fair depth for a good amount of time, being dust and shock resistant, and having decent features for a very low out-of-pocket cost. I NEVER once worried about the physical care for my Hydro Vibe whether I was caught in the rain, riding my motorcycle (clamped to my handlebars) or accidentally dropped from my pocket while exiting my car.

I'll offer this caveat now: The right audience would be smartphone beginners, teens or tweens, those who work and play a lot outdoors in the elements, and those who have some sight impairment. It's not the right fit for smartphone power users, "edge" tech enthusiasts or those who want a "phablet" size device.

Despite it's small size, the Hydro Vibe packs a 4.5 inch display that's clear, bright and easy to read in almost all conditions. But even 4.5 inch displays can be a little difficult for some to read, especially when the text is small. The Hydro Vibe has built-in features and widgets that help you by quickly adjusting texts and fonts to larger sizes with the click of a button.

Launch the MagniFont app and you'll see a simple, one-button interface the enables (or disables) MagniFont. MagniFont makes text size larger and easier to read. While it can't make everything larger (graphics and apps), it does a good job of ratcheting up the menu and system font sizes without being ridiculous.

Screenshot_2014-06-26-15-01-51.png

The Hydro Vibe also has a feature called Magnification gestures. Magnification gestures allows you to zoom into the screen with a finger triple-tap. You can pan around or control the zoom level via finger "pinching" the screen.

Screenshot_2014-06-26-15-07-13.png

As of this writing, we are currently selling the Hydro Vibe for $29.99 on two-year contract or eligible upgrade agreement. That's a pretty sweet price for a fully functional Android smartphone that's also tough to weather, splashes, dunks, drops, dust and mishaps.

It's been a pleasure being part of our Kyocera Hydro Vibe launch team. Until next device,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.