4/9 - Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

Enhancements/Fixes

• Enhancements to SDC calls in noisy environment
  • POP3 Crash Issue
  • EAS email issue

Important Notes

- The software version is 2.602sp

- Refer to the Kyocera Torque Software Update article in Support for install instructions

43 REPLIES 43
Journeyman

Re: 4/09 - Samsung Galaxy S4 REFRESH Software Update - NC6

4Social wrote:

Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

Enhancements/Fixes

• Enhancements to SDC calls in noisy environment

• POP3 Crash Issue

• EAS email issue

I upgraded one of our Torques Friday night (04/11/2014), the upgrade went smoothly. I have noticed no difference whatsoever between 2.300SP and 2.602SP (although I don't do email on my Torque, so fixes  2 & 3 listed above wouldn't affect me).

I've tried to upgrade my wife's phone to 2.602SP, but every time I've tried for the past 48 hours, it returns the message "No upgrade is available".

Did they pull 2.602 because there is a problem with it? Why was 2.602 available for a short while but not now?

Journeyman

Re: 4/9 - Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

My Kyocera Torque did an auto-download of 2.602sp yesterday.  Now the phone indicates "no signal" and I can't do a thing with it.  No signal, no network, no nothing.  I looked to try and find a manual download of the firmware upgrade so that I might be able to try installing it again with the help of a computer, but was unsuccessful.  A factory reset also failed to correct the issue.

Journeyman

I just checked again after canceling out of the upgrade yesterday, and it's still available for me. Side note, my first Torque had to be replaced because it wouldn't update awhile back.

Are you still showing v4.1.2 for your version of Android? I was hoping we'd get bumped up to v4.2.2 but I think that it would have happened already if it was going to.

Can you do DC over LTE yet (or in your case at least show an option since you've previously mentioned that you have no LTE)? I do expect that feature to be enabled at some point, as there are options to make it work if you have the right settings in the ##DATA# menus.

Journeyman

ThinkGreek,

I'm guessing that the update deleted your baseband which occasionally happens on software updates. If so, you're not going to be able to get your phone to work and should either go to your local Sprint Service & Repair store for a replacement -or- contact Kyocera about a warranty replacement. I understand it's about 8-10 business day turn around and fairly easy to send in (you pay for shipping to them of course).

To check if I'm right, go to Settings, About Phone, and see if it says Unknown on Baseband or NV Fail on Hardware. Here's a pic from someone with the same problem as you're describing from the last OTA update: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/29/original/hagyhaha.jpg

Journeyman

SDC?   --- I had to google it. Normally its Short DUration Calls. Gotta love over branding. Just say Direct Connect, or if you want to make sure to keep the registered trade mark Sprint Direct Connect.

The other things don't really matter to me, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come out with an update to merge the internal SD card with internal memory. 1 gig of built in is not enough, and I have my own SD card, so you fake SD card is useless meaning I paid for 1 gig that IS NOT USABLE!!!!!  2 gigs of internal memory will also probably fill up, but at least it give me some options, and will probably significantly improve my performance as I have occasional hiccups due to low memory, and I've gone weeks without contacts syncing, and mail updates as there is no memory so many services shut down. I purge memory losing lots of data, and it starts working again. (and the little drive icon and warning goes away) 

AFTER ALL, I am betting its all the same block of memory just partitioned. (Even if not, I've seen apps for rooted phones be able to merge a true external SD card to look internal. SO it is possible. )

Master

ThinkGreek, I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like the software on your phone may have been corrupted. I would recommend you to take your device into a service and repair center for further diagnosis. - Jeffery Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Jimbo4418 wrote:

I just checked again after canceling out of the upgrade yesterday, and it's still available for me. Side note, my first Torque had to be replaced because it wouldn't update awhile back.

Are you still showing v4.1.2 for your version of Android? I was hoping we'd get bumped up to v4.2.2 but I think that it would have happened already if it was going to.

Can you do DC over LTE yet (or in your case at least show an option since you've previously mentioned that you have no LTE)? I do expect that feature to be enabled at some point, as there are options to make it work if you have the right settings in the ##DATA# menus.

re: "Are you still showing v4.1.2 for your version of Android?"

>>> Yes, still 4.1.2.

re: "Can you do DC over LTE yet"

>>> No SDC via LTE, because (a) Sprint has not enabled that functionality yet, and (b) we have never received LTE signal here anyway.

I tried again this evening to update to 2.602SP on my wife's phone, still get the message no firmware update is available.

Journeyman

PMTy wrote:

SDC?   --- I had to google it. Normally its Short DUration Calls. Gotta love over branding. Just say Direct Connect, or if you want to make sure to keep the registered trade mark Sprint Direct Connect.

Everyone has been using the "SDC" acronym to stand for "Sprint Direct Connect" since at least Sept. 27, 2011 when SDC was announced. When only Nextel® had Direct Connect®, we all just called it "Direct Connect" or "DC", but when Sprint brought out their CDMA-based SDC in parallel with the existing NDC, there had to be a clear distinction made because they were two separate services, running on two different technologies, with different performance characteristics and different features...hence "SDC" for Sprint Direct Connect and "NDC" for Nextel Direct Connect.

You raise a valid point—now that NDC is gone, we probably could just call it "DC" rather than "SDC". But (a) Sprint itself still identifies the service as "Sprint Direct Connect", and (b) none of us 10-15 year veterans as Nextel iDEN customers wishes to sully the former Nextel's reputation by grouping Sprint's CDMA-based PTT emulator in the same class as the true SMR (specialized mobile radio) two-way PTT system that Nextel iDEN was.

Wizard

This is an FYI re, the latest update for the Kyocera Torque (2.602SP).  Info follows.

Bug type, power-off bug.

description, when powering off the handset via POWER KEY>POWER KEY MENU (for lack of the correct name for it, sorry )>select "poser-off", the unit will start to power down as normal after tapping "ok" in the popup that folows slecting "power off", after going through the power-down cycle and appearing to shut down, the unit will reboot and not actually power off (that`s the best way i can describe this).

Workaround i`ve fount dhat works.  Allow the unit to go through the reboot and come back to the main screen, after that completes, re-attempt the power down of the unit, this attempt will be successful.

I`m calling this an update-introduced bug, as it was not there before this update.  If anyone else out there is noticing this issue go ahead and reply, the more that report it the better chance of a hotfix to resolve it.  I`ve been able to reproduce this bug, and have had it happen on it`s own at least two times since the update, which i did a day ago, and have seen the bug at least twice since that time.  Thanx!  TK241

Master

TK241, Thanks for the helpful post. If you ever have any questions or concerns remember we are always here. *Jazmine Social Care
Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

TK241, Thanks for the helpful post. If you ever have any questions or concerns remember we are always here. *Jazmine Social Care

Hey thanx .  Just an update to my original post, saw the bug hapen again last night, used the workaround i mentioned in my post and was able to turn off the handset.  However (for those that might just now be reading this) for now remember that you`ll need to do the power off thingy TWICE to successfully power down the unit, the first time will reboot (turn off then right back on again) the handset.  TK241. P.S.  Forgot to add, i`m running Android version 4.1.2 and software version (post update) 2.602 if you guys need that info .

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat