Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/9 - Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

Wizard

Re: 4/9 - Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

SDC_01 wrote:

TK241 wrote:

Well folks, i guess they`ve come out with a fix, it`s called the Kyocera Torque XT, had a look at that one, and it appears to have fixed all the bugs (at least the ones i knew of when i got my Torque).  Soooo, that means there`ll not be an update for the Torque to fix the "no SDC while on LTE" issue, or the anoying "reboot on powerdown (AKA the turn it off twice)" bug (?).  Guess i wait till i can do an upgrade of my handset and get that `un instead, unless someone tells me different and there`s still going to be an update for this unit at some point.  Be intresting to hear some thoughts.  TK241

The real questions in my mind are:

1) Will PTT-over-LTE work on the new Torque-XT?

2) Did Kyocera fix the wimpy PTT button to be more like the old Motorolas?

My question is, will SDC even WORK over LTE at all regardless of what handset ya got (torque or torque XT)?  Has this been actually TESTED to be sure it`ll work as promissed?  Should be intresting to see what crops up, keep watchin` folks, it`s gonna get intresting !  TK241

Journeyman

The manual also states that the Torque XT direct connect will not function on LTE.

Wizard

Matt7701 wrote:

The manual also states that the Torque XT direct connect will not function on LTE.

Intresting, as i tried it earlier today and found that SDC DOES work on LTE on (at least) my Torque .  Also read on Phonescoop that the Torque XT does support SDC on LTE, there may need to be an update done that will enable that feature, but according to what i`ve read, it`ll work on LTE, and the tests i`ve done today show that SDC does work on LTE.  Know that ya need to be in an LTE enabled area for this to work, that could be an issue.  TK241

Master

Matt7701 - We appreciate you posting. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. - JaSherai, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This happened to me in April. Thankfully the phone was still under warranty, so Kyocera replaced it for free. Sense then I have refused to accept any firmware updates for the phone because of the hassle it was to deal with Sprint. One of the store managers that I talked to told me strait up that I would have to pay $75 (more than I paid for the phone) to get it replaced even though it was a system update that bricked it.

Master

Good Afternoon aread1701-

Glad to hear your issue was resolved. I do apologize for any inconveniences it may have caused you. When attending one of our repair stores for assistance, the $75 fee is waived for customer's that have insurance. However if not the $75 is the standard fee and we do not touch devices that are physically damage.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am really disappointed in my Sprint store.  When I went there to look at phones they recommended the Kyocera Torque.  Then they sold me a 32 gig memory card.  Little did I know that the Torque had so little memory that I could not load more than a few apps before my main memory was used up.  Not only that, the updates were much larger than the original apps from the factory so with each update my memory was becoming even more limited.  The memory card was essentially useless.  Very few of the apps that I installed used any appreciable memory on the memory card.  Not only that but now I get the message that "setting has stopped" when I press the battery icon. I paid around $300 dollars for a waterproof piece of crap. I still have to use my old AT&T Iphone for all my podcasts, audio books, and music.  I am certainly dissatisfied with this stupid Torque.

Wizard

I hear you, and i feel your pain re, the Torque and it`s WAY too limited memory.  I had a Torque and upgraded to a Torque XT, which for the most part i like, mainly due to the fact that it has GOBS of availible memory for apps and such, i haven`t even started to make a dent in the amount of storage on this device.  Now with that said, there is something you should know, which i`ve had to find out the anoying way, and that is this, upgrading from the Torque, with limited memory, but a nice responsive touchscreen to a Torque XT, with LOTS of memory, but a HORRIBLY SLOW (sreponse wise) touchscreen) is a tradeoff unfortunately, do ya want lots of memory or a touchscreen that dosen`t freeze up at odd times or respond inapproperiately (tapping on a email message to delete it instead opens it, second & supsequent attempts usually yield the same result, forcing one to close the app and start over).  In short, this all boils down to something i`ve mentioned before on here, and that is what i call "device respect", meaniing treat a smartphone like the computer it is.  Unfortunately you have found the tradeoff, as have i too.  Hopefully there`ll be a software update that will fix the touchscreen issues along with some other bugs i`ve found, we can only hope for now.  TK241

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat