Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/9 - Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

Master

Re: 4/9 - Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

TK241, No problem! *Jazmine Social Care
Journeyman

2.602sp RUINED my phone.  after updating the firmware i get an error message.

"Error 8713: Fatal Error. Service required. Please contact your service provider." 

rebooting into recovery and resetting the phone does absolutely nothing.

this is the last kyocera phone i ever buy.

Master

sprinty007

Good morning. Were you able to take the phone in for service? Did they replace it, or fix it for you?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Was finally able to update my wife's Torque to 2.602SP this morning, all went well, no hiccups and everything works fine after the update.

As far as our use of our Torques, there is no discernible improvement to anything, but thankfully both updated correctly with no problems.

Master

SDC_01 I'm happy that the update went well and everything is working just fine.

Chris
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Wow!  That's awesome!  The company I worked for had four workers attempt to update their phones with the automated download and all four of them rebooted in the middle of the update procedure and refused to boot again.  Considering there is no firmware recovery capability within the recovery menu (as all decent cellphone providers should have), they're now very expensive paperweights which have left four of our techs without phones.
Perhaps before pushing an automated phone destroyer out to its customers, they should have designed a way to fix it afterward so as to cover their butts legally.  As-is, this could be seen as a method of destroying what the customers paid for so as to force them into another one.  I would say they should get it fixed BEFORE the class action comes down on them.

Master

Demonic_tears – I would suggest taking the phone into a service and repair store to be looked at. http://bit.ly/1bfD15Y -AJ Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Mine did the same thing now won't turn on won't charge nothin piece of junk

Journeyman

and what about those of us who are not with sprint any longer?  i was using my torque as a wifi device, sprint pushed and update to my phone, and sprint ruined my phone.  for people like me i doubt i could take it into a sprint service repair store and get it fixed since i'm no longer a customer.

Journeyman

First Kyocera updated to 2.602sp, baseband crashed. Just received new Torque in today... Well, what a surprise, it downloaded the update and the exact same thing happened again. Now I have to drive an hour and half back to the Sprint store for them to send it in again... I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep dealing with this same mess.

Journeyman

My Torque also failed during the update.  I took it to the Sprint Store and they sent me to Sprint Repair Center and they told me to check back in an hour.  I went back and they did absolutely nothing.  They want to charge me $75 to send it out for repair.  Seriously?  This whole mess is Sprint's fault!  Since it's still under warranty, I was going to send to Kyocera but their facebook has numerous comments about phones getting lost there and no response and no returns after months of waiting.  Ugh!  Sprint messed up the phones with the update and Sprint should fix or replace the phones at NO CHARGE!

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat and also tried a factory reset and still have no service and no wifi.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat