cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/9 - Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

Master

Re: 4/9 - Kyocera Torque Software Update - 2.602sp

MrsHollyHobbie, If you've been to the store and you're still unable to get this fixed, please send us a private mesage so we can look into it for you.  We'd need your phone number, security info and a link to this thread to get started.  If you're posting to the forums from your mobile phone, you'll need to switch to the full site view to send a PM.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

It's me again my replacment phone did the 2.602 update last night. Now DC is not working have took the battery out still isn't working.

Master

BAKJR,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please describe the exact issue with DC? Are you getting any error messages?

Thanks,

*John R.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It is saying "please wait for direct connect set-up to complete before attempting a DC call"

Master

BAKJR,

Can you please attempt a profile update? This can be completed through Menu > Settings > System Update. Also, please try powercycling the device. Let me know if that has any effect!

Thanks,

*John R.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have done the profile update a few times. Also have restarted the phone and also pulled the battery also. The phone is working great but no DC

Master

BAKJR,

I'd like to take a look at your account, to make sure your line is set up correctly in the system and possibly perform a refresh on my end. Can you please send us a private message, with your name, phone number, the PIN to your account, and a link to this thread?

Thank you,

*John R.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for the Info Jimbo4418.

Did the 2.602sp update on my Torque and got both the reboot bug and loss of service; it won't even allow Wi-Fi to turn on.

Took it to the sprint store and they did a factory reset.  It didn't solve reboot or connection issues.  Sprint Store would not do anything else unless paid a $75 diagnostic fee.

Looked at the about phone setting and the Software version is 2.602sp, Baseband Version is "Unknown," and Hardware version is "NV Fail."  It appears that the software update deleted the Baseband.

Now that the problem has been diagnosed, will the Sprint Store re-install a working version of the update without charging me $75?

Wizard

TK241 wrote:

This is an FYI re, the latest update for the Kyocera Torque (2.602SP).  Info follows.

Bug type, power-off bug.

description, when powering off the handset via POWER KEY>POWER KEY MENU (for lack of the correct name for it, sorry )>select "poser-off", the unit will start to power down as normal after tapping "ok" in the popup that folows slecting "power off", after going through the power-down cycle and appearing to shut down, the unit will reboot and not actually power off (that`s the best way i can describe this).

Workaround i`ve fount dhat works.  Allow the unit to go through the reboot and come back to the main screen, after that completes, re-attempt the power down of the unit, this attempt will be successful.

I`m calling this an update-introduced bug, as it was not there before this update.  If anyone else out there is noticing this issue go ahead and reply, the more that report it the better chance of a hotfix to resolve it.  I`ve been able to reproduce this bug, and have had it happen on it`s own at least two times since the update, which i did a day ago, and have seen the bug at least twice since that time.  Thanx!  TK241

Hey, been meaning to add some additional info but got busy with other stuff, so here it is.

This pretains to the bug mentioned in the above referenced post by me, the bug should be easy to spot when it happens, info follows.

one, a normal sutdown of the handset proceeds thus, Sprint logo & name on yellow backround to "Torque by Kyocera" white lettering on black backround, the handset will emit a short vibe then power off, this is the NORMAL shutdown.

two, if the bug is going to happen, the shutdown proceeds as before with this important difference, after displaying the "Torque by Kyocera" screen the handset will display the OPENING screen (this is the "Sprint" logo and name on a yellow backround displaying as seen during normal power on), along with the "bong" sound, this will be heard twice.  A groovy way to remember this is this, "If you hear the bong, the shutdown is wrong", and you`ll need to do the shutdown procedure twice, if you get a short vibe instead, all is well and the unit will shut down normally.  I hope this can be fixed mabey with an update soon, this is getting kinda anoying.  Thanx!  TK241.

Wizard

Well folks, i guess they`ve come out with a fix, it`s called the Kyocera Torque XT, had a look at that one, and it appears to have fixed all the bugs (at least the ones i knew of when i got my Torque).  Soooo, that means there`ll not be an update for the Torque to fix the "no SDC while on LTE" issue, or the anoying "reboot on powerdown (AKA the turn it off twice)" bug (?).  Guess i wait till i can do an upgrade of my handset and get that `un instead, unless someone tells me different and there`s still going to be an update for this unit at some point.  Be intresting to hear some thoughts.  TK241

Journeyman

TK241 wrote:

Well folks, i guess they`ve come out with a fix, it`s called the Kyocera Torque XT, had a look at that one, and it appears to have fixed all the bugs (at least the ones i knew of when i got my Torque).  Soooo, that means there`ll not be an update for the Torque to fix the "no SDC while on LTE" issue, or the anoying "reboot on powerdown (AKA the turn it off twice)" bug (?).  Guess i wait till i can do an upgrade of my handset and get that `un instead, unless someone tells me different and there`s still going to be an update for this unit at some point.  Be intresting to hear some thoughts.  TK241

The real questions in my mind are:

1) Will PTT-over-LTE work on the new Torque-XT?

2) Did Kyocera fix the wimpy PTT button to be more like the old Motorolas?

Journeyman

Did anyone ever figure this out?

My phone updated a few nights ago and turned into a paperweight. Won't connect to any service, no wifi, it's constantly freezing / rebooting and won't allow a soft reset or a hardware reset!

This is completely unacceptable. Kid at the Sprint store told me to buy a new phone. What a joke.

If this was a new Iphone or something and Sprint pushed an upgrade that bricked peoples phones, there would be an immediate response. Because our phone is older and more obscure it gets ignored.

Anyone know of a class action for this? I'm going to talk to my lawyer, see what he thinks of this.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat