cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update 3.000sp

Highlighted
Journeyman

Firmware Update 3.000sp

Last night my wife's phone updated to 3.000sp. So far her phone seems fine since the update. As of this morning (Oct. 30 2014), my phone has not updated yet.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp

Funny, I just checked Sprint's website (see link below), and there is no mention whatsoever of update 3.000sp. I expected to find the information on what the update contains in terms of bug-fixes and/or enhancements. I wonder if they pushed it to select phones as a test...

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Kyocera_Torqu...

Master

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp

SDC_01 - Software updates come straight from the manufacturer. To gain more information about the big-fixes and/ or enhancements please access the manufactures website. - JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp

Just check no update for me yet here in central Ohio.

Journeyman

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp


SprintCare wrote:



SDC_01 - Software updates come straight from the manufacturer. To gain more information about the big-fixes and/ or enhancements please access the manufactures website. - JaSherai
Sprint Social Care

Had you looked at the link I included in my second post above, you would see that Sprint HAS been providing information on every single update the Torque has received all along. I can assure you, in the 18 months we have had our Torques, every single time a firmware update became available, it was posted at the very top of the Torque webpage here in the Community, generally in advance of availability to download said updates. I wish you folks at Sprint Care would do a bit of research before you post.

Master

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp

SDC_01,

Please understand that the page you posted the link for is typically updated after the Software updates are released. However, for the most up to date info about the Software updates, I would recommend taking a look at the manufacturer's website.


Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp


SprintCare wrote:




SDC_01,

Please understand that the page you posted the link for is typically updated after the Software updates are released.  However, for the most up to date info about the Software updates, I would recommend taking a look at the manufacturer's website.


Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care

Perhaps you can provide the link to the Kyocera software update page to which you refer? I have searched their website, and I am unable to find any information on any updates, except one page for US Cellular's version of the DuraPro. If you can provide an actual link to the page you say exists, I will be happy to look there.

I can assure you, the normal sequence of events to date WRT firmware/software updates to the Torque has been that someone from Sprint posts at the top of the Torque main page every time a new firmware or software update is made available. Every time Sprint's Community website posts that an update is available, they have also posted exactly what the update contains. You can't argue this point with me, because we've owned Torques since the first week or so they became available back in March, 2013, and we've been through half-dozen or so updates, and it's always worked exactly the way I described. The 3.000sp update this week is the first one where we saw it on the phone before we saw it on the Torque page here on the Community website.

Also, it makes no sense that Sprint is totally unaware of upcoming updates from the manufacturers, because Sprint is handling all of the tech support for these phones, so naturally your tech support staff would need to be made aware of pending updates before they begin pushing them to customers' phones. To say it's all on the manufacturer and Sprint is clueless about the updates until after the fact is preposterous.

Master

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp

BAKJR,

Thank you for letting us know.  Once software updates are released, they are pushed out in waves to our customers so we do not bog down the network with updates.  I suggest keeping an eye on your available updates to watch for the 3.000sp update.

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp


SprintCare wrote:



BAKJR,



Thank you for letting us know.  Once software updates are released, they are pushed out in waves to our customers so we do not bog down the network with updates.  I suggest keeping an eye on your available updates to watch for the 3.000sp update.



Thank you,


Lorrie


Sprint Social Care


Two thingies here, one, mabey they got this out so fast that Sprint kinda got cought off garud a bit, meaning that the update beat the posting about it (the update was out there before they could post it to the comunity).  And two (more like a suggestion for feuture reference/consideration), why not have full release notes, including known/reported bug/issues with the update?  I know ya do post a listing of what the update enhances/fixes, but it would be nice to know beforhand about any known/reported bugs from the update, if i wouldda known about the "turn it off twice bug" in (i believe) update 2.602 i might have held off till a newer update came out to address (and mabey fix) this anoying bug.  Just some suggestion for thought .  TK241  P.S.  The release notes thingy should be easy enough, they already do it for web browsers like Mozilla firefox & i`m sure others too.  Just my take .

Wizard

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp


SDC_01 wrote:




SprintCare wrote:



SDC_01, Please understand that the page you posted the link for is typically updated after the Software updates are released.  However, for the most up to date info about the Software updates, I would recommend taking a look at the manufacturer's website. Thank you, KC Sprint Social Care

Perhaps you can provide the link to the Kyocera software update page to which you refer? I have searched their website, and I am unable to find any information on any updates, except one page for US Cellular's version of the DuraPro. If you can provide an actual link to the page you say exists, I will be happy to look there.



I can assure you, the normal sequence of events to date WRT firmware/software updates to the Torque has been that someone from Sprint posts at the top of the Torque main page every time a new firmware or software update is made available. Every time Sprint's Community website posts that an update is available, they have also posted exactly what the update contains. You can't argue this point with me, because we've owned Torques since the first week or so they became available back in March, 2013, and we've been through half-dozen or so updates, and it's always worked exactly the way I described. The 3.000sp update this week is the first one where we saw it on the phone before we saw it on the Torque page here on the Community website.



Also, it makes no sense that Sprint is totally unaware of upcoming updates from the manufacturers, because Sprint is handling all of the tech support for these phones, so naturally your tech support staff would need to be made aware of pending updates before they begin pushing them to customers' phones. To say it's all on the manufacturer and Sprint is clueless about the updates until after the fact is preposterous.


SDC_01, see my post at the bottom of this forum for my thinkins`, but to sum up, methinks this was simply a case of the update beat the posting on here.  Another thought occured to me too (sounds cynical i know), but mabey this could also not be a ligatimate update too.  Just wondering, but is there a way to tell if an update for our handsets is ligit?  `cause after reading all this, and although i hope this is a ligit update, i just got to wondering.  TK241

Journeyman

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp

I just got the update earlier this week. Now I have apps crashing right and left. Wish I could uninstall it and revert back.

Master

Re: Firmware Update 3.000sp

MADHATTER_2

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. When software is updated and there are issues, a master reset can be performed to fix any defects in the update. - Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat