-Google+

-Google Play Books

-Quick Panorama

-Polaris Viewr 4.0

-Mobile Sync

-Sprint ID

-MusicFX

-Picasa Uploader

These came with the phone and I want to delete them but there is no option.

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: How to uninstall default apps?

Bo-dino -

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, other than the Sprint ID, the apps are preloaded by the manufacturer and can not be removed. I am sorry.

- *Kitty
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Kitty,

Thank you for your reply.

Journeyman

Bo-dino wrote:

I have no use for:

-Google+

-Google Play Books

-Quick Panorama

-Polaris Viewr 4.0

-Mobile Sync

-Sprint ID

-MusicFX

-Picasa Uploader

These came with the phone and I want to delete them but there is no option.

What you can do with at least some of them is to (1) Force Stop, then (2) Disable them.

Go to Manage Apps, scroll left/right until you're looking at the list labeled "All" at the top of the column.

Scroll down to the apps you want to stop & disable, tap once on a given app to bring up, the display shows the details for that app.

Tap "Force Stop" (say yes), then tap "Clear Cache" (say yes), then tap "Force Stop" or "Uninstall", whichever is showing for that particular app.

If it's an ultra-critical system-level app, Force Stop or Uninstall will be grayed out.

Once you disable an app, it gets pushed down to the very bottom of the list of "All" apps, appearing in the list below any currently active apps that begin with the letter Z.

CAUTION: Only do this for what you know are true apps, DO NOT try to force stop or uninstall for anything that is related to the Android operating system. If in doubt, leave it alone.

On my Torque I was able to force stop, clear cache and either disable or uninstall a handful of the apps you listed above. To me, the most annoying ones are the Sprint-related services/apps (like Sprint ID, Sprint Zone, etc.). Funny, We paid for the phones, we pay Sprint gobs of money every month for the service, yet it seems that Sprint believes they own our phones, given the amount of BS stuff they load onto it and make sure users can't get rid of it.

Journeyman

Thank you very much.

Jeff

Journeyman

Thank you, I was able to get rid of a bunch of stuff I have no interest in and never will.

Master

nutmeg3,

Thank you for posting. I am glad to hear that you were able to get the applications removed you did not want. Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance, we are here for you.

Thank you,

Anthony
Social Care Team
Journeyman

How can I get rid of Sprint Fun and Games from my Apps. I used to be able to uninstall updates from the Sprint Zone. Now I can't! I consider this malware! I've been a customer of Sprint for a couple years and pay a hefty amount per month, if this does not get resolved you will lose a customer as soon as I can.

Journeyman

Its impossible and I [inappropriate word removed] HATE Sprint now! I cant download what I want because of these [inappropriate word removed] apps! Why the [inappropriate word removed] do I need McAfee AND Lookout security on ONE phone!?! I cant even disable McAfee! My system storage is constantly low and I use all of the apps I downloaded, which arent many. Thanks for still doing this dumb [inappropriate word removed] 2 years later Sprint!

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.
Message was edited by: TheModerator

Wizard

Every carrier and manufacturer does this, it's not just Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im rooted on my s6 edge. I've deleted so many bloatware apps, and it has made a huge difference on my battery life

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat