The firmware update fixed the email issue. I can now connect to an Exchange 2003 server and see folders other than my inbox. Previously I could only see my inbox.
I still cannot connect to one of the Wi-Fi networks at work.
No random reboots or direct connect turning off as of yet. So it looks like the update fixed most of the issues. (I would still much prefer a flagship phone with the software based direct connect now app)
On point #5. The supervisors all want the flagship phones even if the techs need rugged phones. Direct connect already is software based on some phones. They just need to add the feature to the rest of the phones. Sprint needs to be adding features and capabilities if they wish to remain relevant.
We bought the torques to replace the admirals as well. Out of thirty phones we got one that does the random reboots and we had another that had the exchange problems. They all boot up into DC mode fine, though some of the people that have them have said that carrying them in their pocket they have had the issue of many settings being changed including things like talkback being turned on randomly. I feel that the physical buttons on the device are either too sensitive or they allow the screen unlock to be bypassed.
1. The phone with the random reboots we messed around with and did a #768## reset on it with sprint on the phone and got it to work for about a week and then it started doing the same thing again, it may be a physical hardware or battery issue.
2. I haven't had any trouble with Wi-Fi except for it does a constant disconnect and reconnect that causes it to constantly have to reauthenicate to the jump page that is on the Wi-Fi in the office. I got rid of this constant jumping on and off by turning off the Connections Optimizer and only have the issue daily now but it uses a little more battery.
3. Exchange issues only tagged one phone. After going through phone calls to Kyocera and Sprint it was kind of narrowed down to the Outlook file structure since the user we were having troubles with did lots of organizing in her outlook folders with her e-mails. What finally solved the problem was when we got rid of the excessively long folder names on the sub folders. There may have been a bad e-mail there that got deleted along the way or a bad folder name. But after playing with it for a week this is how we got it to work. It has been syncing with no problems ever since.
4. Sounds like you may have an issue with the direct connect on your account. The only ones that we have that boot into LTE mode are the ones with DC turned off at the account level. People were confused because the speaker likes to turn off and so they cannot hear any DC incoming but that doesn't sound like your issue. That issue was fixed by us with different cases on the phones so buttons weren't accidentally pressed to turn the speaker off.
5. IMHO the whole point of a DC phone is to be ruggedized for job sites and field work. Flagship phones are getting flimsier and flimsier when they make them slimmer and slimmer which like you said is what the consumer wants. The whole point of the torque is having semi-flagship ability while still being as "lifeproof" as possible. Sure it would be cool as an option on the Samsung or HTC phones, but they are not along the same product path so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.
Sorry, I forgot to mention I did take mine to the local Sprint store. I could not show them the random reboots and lockups (which require taking the battery out) but they did see the Exchange 2003 issue. They recommended clearing the cache, and resetting to factory defaults. We tried both of those on multiple phones and no luck. So then they told me "should be fixed with the next firmware update". I will send you all the logs you wish to help solve the problems. Just let me know how. Thanks for the help!
Thank you for the post reporting these issues. I will get in touch with the development team to see if there has been any investigations started on these issues.
In the meantime have you had the phone diagnosed at a Sprint store yet? They should be able to help get this addressed and report any issues that may need to be fixed in a software update.
I am also happy to help pull some logs off the phone to see if we can get to the bottom of some of this.
I forgot to mention. We have tried resetting to factory defaults. We have run the firmware, Kyocera, PRL, and Profile updates. We have updated all of the apps. Also tried deleting the corporate mail cache and set the phones to fetch rather than push and none of it made a difference.
Kyocer Torque problems:
1. Random reboots
2. Cannot connect to certain Wi-Fi's. We have two Wi-Fi networks at work. Every phone/laptop/tablet has been able to connect to both. None of our Torque's can connect to one of them. Tried switching WPA and WEP on the router and still cannot connect them.
3. Get 'Exchange services have stopped' nearly every time when checking my 'corporate' Exchange 2003 email. I cannot view any other folders other than the inbox.
4. Direct connect randomly turns off. We have to reboot the phones to get back on. Of course, when you reboot the phone, it turns on LTE which disables direct connect, so we have to manually switch them back to CDMA only.
We bought the Torques to replace the Admirals. Bad choice. They have many issues to fix. PLEASE fix the Torques and PLEASE role out the Direct Connect Now app so that direct connect can run on the flagship phones (EVO, Galaxy, Note). Even if the Admirals and Torques worked well, our users still want to use flagship phones rather than Torque/Admiral.