cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kyocera Torque shows insufficient memory

Go to solution
Journeyman

Kyocera Torque shows insufficient memory

My Kyocera Torque shows "232 MB Free" from the Settings - Apps Screen but then shows "131 MB Available" for Internal Storage from Settings - Storage. I also am showing an Insufficient Memory error when updating Apps or installing new Apps. Does this mismatch somehow explain the insufficient memory error? How can I fix this problem. I have already deleted all TMs and Cleared all cash and installed 32 GB Expansion card andrebooted phone.

Thanks,

Bob

19 REPLIES 19
Master

Re: Kyocera Torque shows insufficient memory

vanessa204, Yes, that very well could be part of the issue. Have you moved any of your apps to the SD card you installed? Also, have you added any apps just prior to the memory mismatch? - Bran
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Bran,

Thanks for the quick response.

When I installed the 32GB Expansion card I moved songs (.mp3s) and photos and Tablature (guitar music) to the new card. I have been able to access these three sets of data using the corresponding programs.  I did not notice a memory mismatch prior to installing the card, but probably would not have noticed anyway.

I moved these data files using a computer by drag and drop with the phone setup as Mass Storage.

Thanks,

Bob

Master

vanessa204,

Bob thank you. I apologize since there is only so much online diagnoses I can do online I have to ask you to take the device into a Sprint Service and Repair center when you can. They will be able to do a hands on diagnoses of the device for you. You can find a close location, if you do not already know one, by going to www.sprint.com/storelocator

- Bran
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My  Kyocera Torque gives me the same warning/error message whenever my apps automaticly update, i have moved everything I can to my sd card already but still it says its full...I have cut back to the bare minimum to make room for the updates and still it regularly claims to be out of storage space...i dont know what to do here?

Master

ManicMy3M - Thanks for reaching out. Please use this website http://sprint.co/1JGabTA to troubleshoot your phone. Please keep us posted.
- Pascale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same happened to me too.  They just said its a software error (after wiping phone and it happening again).  I have next to nothing on my actual phone because it will say its out of memory and not update emails or anything else

Hi, emcgowa.

Thanks for telling us about your issue. I found a great support article for this specific issue. Please visit:  http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot_issues_related_to_low_internal_memory_on_your...Smiley Very HappySmiley Surprised

If this doesn’t solve your issue, please let me know.

Robin

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

My resolve is this I make sure to tell people if you want a durable phone that will last through a blizzard and possibly walking through a hot desert buy this phone, It will last a long long time BUT if you want a phone you can store stuff on or expect updates to - forget it I would never recommend it too bad I'm stuck with it

Journeyman

I had the same issue with my torque that everyone here does, the dreaded "insufficient memory" issue. But I found a solution.  Use a program called LINK2SD.  It allows you to move almost any app to the SD card.  Its operates in a much different manner than the default stock "move to SD" function built into android.  It actually moves the apk file to the SD card and creates a 'shortcut' in the android memory linking it to the SD card.  I've got literally over 2 dozen apps installed on my torque with no issues because they are all moved to my SD card via LINK2SD. Before I found this app I would start getting the memory error after about 6 or 7 apps.  You can find this program on the google play store.  I do recommend using a good quality, fast SD card in order to optimize the data transfer between the sd card and the phone.

Once you install the app if you find that you are still getting the memory error use a program like "SDmaid" to clean out unused scripts and 'broken' files from the phone,  Sometimes old programs leave behind files and links that android misinterpets and creates a low memory message even when there is more than enough memory.

Journeyman

The only answer to the problem with low memory is replace your phone with another phone with more internal memory.

the Kyocera Torque only comes with 4G of internal memory.  Alot of it is used up by the operating system leaving you with only about 1G..  Even if you have a 64G micro SD card installed with will not solve the memory problem.

Android phones have three types of memory storage.  Internal Memory, external Memory(MicroSD Card) and RAM.

Try moving up to the Kyocera Torque XT with 20G of Memory.  There is nothing much you can do if you do not have enough storage memory.  Alot of apps need to install in internal memory.  Everything else you do is a temporary fix.

Journeyman

This link does nothing to resolve the issue.  I barely have any apps.  I have done multiple soft resets.  I continuously wipe the cache from my apps.  I have found online that this is an issue that most people have with this phone.  It's too bad because there is so much i like about this phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat