cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kyocera Torque shows insufficient memory

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Kyocera Torque shows insufficient memory

Sounds like a good fix...but i have insufficient memory!

Journeyman

Do you have a comment on the suggested solution that is directly above yours ( using an app called LINK2SD) that will mitigate the low internal memory issue?

Journeyman

I do not make a living selling new phones or apps. I do not believe that anyone needs more than 1G of memory to use a phone. LINK2SD and moving apps to the SD Card have helped me to make my phone more useful. Thank you Mike!

Journeyman

So you did use the LINK2SD app and it helped with your low mem issue?  See, I have a DuraXT. The only reason why I have this is because I use Direct Connect constantly.. I want to upgrade to an Android, and the Torque is the only one that also does Direct Connect.. Reading about these issues with low internal memory makes me pause on purschasing one. Did the TorqueXT fix the low internal mem storage that afflicts the Torque? It's fascinating that the Sprint people around here don't want to talk about it or they don't understand the product.. BRING BACK NEXTEL!!!

Regards

Wizard

mike960barrett wrote:

So you did use the LINK2SD app and it helped with your low mem issue?  See, I have a DuraXT. The only reason why I have this is because I use Direct Connect constantly.. I want to upgrade to an Android, and the Torque is the only one that also does Direct Connect.. Reading about these issues with low internal memory makes me pause on purschasing one. Did the TorqueXT fix the low internal mem storage that afflicts the Torque? It's fascinating that the Sprint people around here don't want to talk about it or they don't understand the product.. BRING BACK NEXTEL!!!

Regards

I have to agree here, i too have seen the low memory issue with my Torque too, i`v for the most part just given up and will wait to upgrade to the Torque XT, which, i hope, not be plauged with this problem.  Part of the problem stems from the fact that there`s a TON of bloatware on the handset at the start, if they would just allow us to get rid of the bloatware i don`t think folks would be complaining like this, as we could just lost the unneeded preinstalled apps, thereby freeing up much-needed memory on the unit.  Strange how the folks at Sprint seem to not want to allow this.  I too have the Direct Connect, use it from time to time, and as i`ve said, will move up to the Torque XT when i`m eligible, with luck this memory issue won`t be a problem on the XT.  TK241 P.S.  I have Direct Connect as a lot of amateur radio ops like me use it, mainly as a backup to the radio stuff .

Journeyman

73 es gud dx de KA6IBM

Wizard

mike960barrett wrote:

73 es gud dx de KA6IBM

Hey nice to see another ham on here .  As i said, part of the problem of low memory on the Torque is due to the LARGE amount of bloatware they preinstall on the handset, a lot of the preinstalled apps i really don`t need.  I only use the Play store, Maps, and calendar, other than that i mainly use apps i install myself, but all the bloatware pretty much renders the unit useless for owner-installed apps (want proof? wait till ya hafta update and you`ll get the picture).  I`m hoping the Torque XT will be better and not plauged with these anoying issues (low memory and the REALLY ANOYING "turn it off twice" bug, which, i might add, has not been fixed, and methinks now will never be, sad).  TK241  P.S.  If ya want go ahead and pm me and i`ll send ya my direct connect number.  I got some radio related stuff to ask ya .

Journeyman

I just got the torque (used cheap) and the best answers I've found are to move as much as possible to the SD card and root the phone so you can clean off the bloatware

Gene

AI4KK

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat