Did you mean: 

11/24 - LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Release - LN510ZVC

Wizard

LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Release - LN510ZVC

Enhancements/Fixes

• Device won't power up past the Rumor screen

Important Notes:

You can see all LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Releases, install instructions, and subscribe to receive updates here.

Message was edited by: dshoem01

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: 11/24 - LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Release - LN510ZVC

My phone updated to this version a few days ago (forced update). Prior to the release before this, I had been experiencing frequent issues with text messages--getting "Ack timeout, cause code 34" when trying to send, and being unable to receive messages until the device is reset. The last update greatly improved that problem and it went from frequent to occasional. However, since the most recent release, this has been happening numerous times per day, and even resetting/removing the battery does not always help. Are there any plans to address this? If not, can we please have the option to go back to the last version? I never had a problem with it powering up, but this texting problem is beyond a joke...

Journeyman

My phone IS stuck on the Rumor Touch "please wait" screen. So how am I supposed to get this update or see if I already have it?

Message was edited by: grhalley

Journeyman

I have been having the same problem also even before the new update, and even with the new update my phone still doesnt send some txts with an error code telling me to try again later (i try "later" and it still doesnt help) i have to power cycle my phone (turning of/on) and then ti will send it is such a hassle!...

They either need to fix the S/W on the phone becuae Sprint will not change it for me while it is still under warranty it should be a replaced immediately but no dice.

Journeyman

I can't seem to get my phone to update (LG's  'FOTA_FAILURE' after reboot while trying to load update).

The phone is stuck at the LN510ZV7 release.  Does anyone know if there is a way to force the update or does Sprint (or I) have the ability to manually load an update?

Thank you

Journeyman

my phone was still under warranty, so i took it to a Sprint repair store.  They said my problem was a "known" problem, so they shipped me a new phone without any charge.

Wizard

Your device is too many releases behind to update to this most recent release.  Call your nearest Sprint Service & Repair center and see if they can manually upgrade it for you.

Journeyman

How recent did you have this done?, because i literally went last week they said they repaired it and it still has the same problem. even with the new LN510ZVC S/W

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to the store just before Christmas.

Journeyman

My phone has been upgraded to LN510ZVC and I am still getting the text error message "Ack Time Out, Cause Code:34".  The phone refuses to send a text even after a power cycle.  It receives texts and phone calls without a problem.  Is there going to be a true "fix" to this problem or should I just start shopping around for another provider? 

Journeyman

First i would make sure that you really did upgrade the SW, and then if you just bought it within the year you should go get it fixed at a sprint store since its still under warranty it should be taken care of. But be careful which store you go to i have gone to the one by my home three times for the same problem and they insist that they fixed it, and do not order me a new one. i just got it back last week and they said its fine, it has been, but its happened like this before they fix it it works for about a week and then problem comes back. I suggest recording the not sending  and error message when it happens or if you can show them in person just to help your case. Hopes this works better than it has for me.

Journeyman

The 'text messages failing to send until a phone reboot' remains a serious problem after this firmware update.  I wish they would get the ball rolling and release another update to fix this issue once and for all.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat