cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 questions regarding the LG Rumor 2

Highlighted
Journeyman

3 questions regarding the LG Rumor 2

I recently purchased the LG Rumor 2. It's beautiful, yes, and I love a lot of the features. Still, there are a few things that I don't like and am hoping can be remedied.

1. The audio qualtiy (with ringers) sucks. I even went as far as to purchase a ring tone from the Sprint site and it still sounded as if it was being played thru an aluminum can. Is there any way to improve the sound quality? I haven't tried the MP3 player or bluetooth yet, so I'm not sure how well those features sound.

2. When on a webpage, I can't scroll horizontally. Is there any way to do so? I miss a LOT of information because of this.

3. Can the Rumor 2 be used as a modem in conjuction with my laptop? If so, then how do I go about it? I've got the simply everything plan.

Thanks, guys.

Meri.

Message was edited by: Meri.112.125

16 REPLIES 16
Master

Re: 3 questions regarding the LG Rumor 2

As far as using it as a modem, No. Sprint does not offer PAM as an option on an everything data plan. It can only be added on a talk only plan.

Journeyman

Oh, OK. Thanks.  =}

Master

The entire wheel can be leaned left or right for horizontal scrolling.

Here are some sites where you can find, Upload your own songs, Edit, Create custom ringtones and send them to your phone.(FREE)

http://www.funformobile.com/

http://pcs.cruz-network.net/index.php

http://www.myxer.com/

http://mobilereelz.com/

http://rumkin.com/

Journeyman

The entire wheel can be leaned left or right?  In regards to this phone, what is a wheel and where do I find it? You can tell I'm very new at this. I've always had prepaid before.

Master

I don't have one, But I'm assuming that what they are referring to as the "Wheel" is the area around the "Menu" button. It has the arrows ^,<,>,v on it.

Also on the keyboard are keys for ^,<,>,v, that may move the webpage up,down,left,right. Post back if any of those work, or not.

Journeyman

Nope. None of those worked. I also tried using 4 & 6 on the keypad. Thank you for your help though. =}

Journeyman

as for question number two, most phones can't scroll horizontally, therefore you may try accessing the page in the mobile view mode(if aplicable) or do like i did and downlod Opera Mini as your browser, just look it up on google... that should do it, but they still haven' put out a handler for youtube videos and other webmedia yet... BOOO!!!

Journeyman

New Feature phone web browsers (such as the one on the LG Rumor2) do not allow you to scroll left and right on the web-page. You can try browsing to mini.opera.com and see if the Opera web browser is compatible with your phone. I know it is compatible with the LG Lotus, but seeing as the Rumor2 is not even a 3G data device I do not think it is. But worth a shot as this would greatly improve your web browsing experience.

Currently the only feature phone available through Sprint that can be used with PAM (phone as a modem) is the LG Lotus.

Since the Rumor2 technically does not support MP3 music playback they did skimp on the speaker. Meaning that music ringtones will sound fuzzy. It sounds really like you would get more from what I call Everything Data feature phones like the LG LX600 Lotus, Samsung M560 Reclaim, Samsung M550 Exclaim, Sanyo 6750 Katana Exclipse, or LG LX370. Are you still within your exchange period?

Journeyman

The Rumor 2 is a 1x device, not EVDO, so it doesn't support streaming video.  you can download, convert and upload video to the phone, but it won't stream.  I have heard that there are 3rd party handlers that will allow you to do it... but I wouldn't risk my phone on it.

As for mp3 playback, I've not had any issue playing my audiobooks (which i convert to MP3 from Audibles propriatary format) on my Rumor 2. My only complaint is that the media player isn't a fully functional player like you would find on a standard digital player; it doesn't save your progress over large files and you can't do anything else if you are listening to it. I've solved that problem somewhat by splitting my audio files into smaller bits by chapter.  I've not tried video on it yet.

Message was edited by: pietho

Journeyman

I hated this too. What I did was download the Opera Mini browser (  www.opera.com/mobile on your phone to download). It's browser loads a large overview of the entire page, and allows you to toggle a box to zoom in on the area of the page you wish to read, then press back to zoom out. It loads much faster and is so much easier.

Journeyman

I also have that same exact phone and am having the same problem with the web. You can scroll left or right. You can only just scroll down. I have tried using the arrows on my keypad and the arrows up top in the middle. Just let me know what I can do to fix this.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat