LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Release

Fixes:
Unable to send/receive text messages until a powercycle
Intermittent powercycling

Update your software
To update your Rumor Touch over the air:
   1. Press the Home icon
   2. Scroll to and select Main Menu > Tools > Update Phone
   3. Press Update Firmware and you will see the message Checking for Firmware update Please wait…

Important Notes:
This update will take approximately 3-5 minutes
The new software version is: LN510ZVB [changed from LN510ZV9...sorry for the oversight]

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

49 REPLIES 49
Journeyman

Re: 8/26 - LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Release

When was this released? I am doing the below and getting the 7777 error that there is No Firmware Update available. I am on LN510ZV8.....why can I not get V9?

Wizard

It may not have been released quite yet, but is suppose to be today.  I'd try it again a little later.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. I will keep an eye out. Does this update do anything else, or are there release notes for it? While I am at it, are there any plans for Pandora Support on the Rumor Touch?

Wizard

It covers the two fixes in the original post...no new functionality.  Sorry, I don't have any information on Pandora so can't help you there.

Master

I have been trying this week to help a couple customers try to upgrade to V8 and they keep geting the error 7777, Searching finds a lot of reports of this phone giving this error trying to upgrade, Can you address what the error 7777 means and what are they to do to try to get the upgrade, I have been directing them to vist a Sprint Service & Repair center to have them apply it, But still wonder why this phone keeps giving this error.

Wizard

I've seen that on the forums too, but haven't run across it anywhere else.  Let me see what I can find out.

I did just hear that the LG Maintenance Release should be ready no later than the end of today.

Journeyman

Weird my lg rumor touch can even update to version LN510ZV8 (still on LN510ZV7) but my wife is up to version LN510ZV9 I will be going to the sprint store in a couple of hours to see what can they do about this will report later.

Wizard

Please do post what you learn...thanks!!

Journeyman

Has this update been released yet? I am still getting the 7777 error.

Wizard

I haven't seen anything to the contrary.  If you're still getting the 7777 error you may need to take it into the store and have it updated.  I've also had no luck in chasing down why that may be happening to some phones but not others.

Journeyman

I work in IT and usually when something affects multiple customers, we push something out rather that wait for the client to contact us. If it affects more than one user, odds are there is likely a larger system explanation. I am befuddled why Sprint can't do the same thing? To be honest, I should not have to wait in line for a half hour to play CSR roulette and hope the person the person I end up speaking to even knows what I am talking about, much less how to fix it. I think this deserves Development resource allocarion on Sprint's end.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat