Did you mean: 

8/26 - LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Release

Master

Re: 8/26 - LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Release

To find the software version on your LG Rumor Touch™:

1. Press the Home icon
  2. Scroll to and select Main Menu > Settings > Phone Info > Version
  3. Software version is listed under S/W Version

You can go to your account online(or call Sprint) and unblock data to do the upgrade, They don't charge for phone upgrades. Or you could take in to a store and they will apply it for you.

Journeyman

i did the update my phone keep turning on and then off for the last 30 mins what should i do????

Message was edited by: asadxcxdcv

Journeyman

MY PHONE KEEP TURNING ON THEN OFF WHY IS THIS HAPPENING AFTER I DID THE UPDATE MY PHONE KEEP TURNING ON THEN TURN OFF EVERY TIME WHAT SHOULD I DO???????

Message was edited by: asadxcxdcv

Journeyman

I also had problems with the firmware update on my LG Rumor Touch phone. I got the 7777 error also. The real problem was that after I tried to download the update, my phone was really messed up. Called tech support and we tried everything. I would suggest to anyone DO NOT try to download the update or it may screw up your phone. As for anyone who has already messed up your phone, there is a solution. I simply went back to the factory settings. Be sure before you do this, you sign up for wireless back-up ($2.00/mo) so you can retain your contacts. Also, make sure you save any photos to the memory card so you don't lose them. Most applications you have purchased can be reloaded back into the phone afterward. Make sure you write down any appointments on your calendar because you will lose them. Also, unfortunately, you will most likely lose any music downloads?? Still working on this one. If you have to purchase them again, you can ask Sprint to remove the cost of this on your bill and they will do it. I did this on my phone and I am pleased with the results. My phone is now fully functional again. My contacts loaded back in automatically. I am good to go! As a final note, I will not update firmware again. Hope this helps! 

Journeyman

Sadly, I was successful at updating the firmware on one of my Sprint Rumor Touch phones, but not the 2nd one.  I don't have the data plan.  The 2nd phone was looked at by the repair center and they said it was probably a "bum" phone and recommended that I go to Sprint corporate store to get it swapped out.  I did that.  Same darn issue.  Error 7: Network time out when trying to update the firmware.  Also, Error 7 when powering the phone on.

Finally, what's really perplexing is that here we are in the "digital age" - yet, Sprint still hasn't sent out the firmware updates to all of their repair centers.  The update has been available for what?  6 weeks now?   And, I'm hearing from the Sprint repair store they might get it by the end of this week.  The larger Sprint repair stores apparently have the update.

It seems as though Sprint needs a better network to interface with their repair centers in the field.  What's Sprint doing, sending out the firmware updates via CD thought the pony express?  Ugh!

Journeyman

Try going here: http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp and download the update directly from LG. Might have better luck. This requires a USB cable. Sad you can get better support from the internet than their stores, huh?

Journeyman

Thanks for providing me with the link to the firmware.  I really appreciate it! 

Ironically, I was just reviewing my account at Sprint and realized that I couldn't restrict the data access for the phone we're having troubles with downloading the firmware on.  The tech looked into my issue and realized we didn't have an NAI (Network Access Identifier) assigned to that phone, but there was one for the other 2 phones on the account.

I'll review my account a bit later this afternoon as the change could take 2 hours to propogate correctly.  I'll then have access to my daughter's phone later this afternoon and attempt the firmware update from the phone itself.  If that doesn't work, I'll use your link and the direct download for the firmware to get it rolling.

Thanks again! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have already done that update and am still having problems with the messaging is there any other fix other than taking the battery out?

Journeyman

I bought the rumor touch a couple weeks ago and it let me download to the newest version which is LN510ZVB

Journeyman

I updated my phone as soon as it was pushed out, but still have to reset my phone sometimes after getting the "Ack timed out, cause code 34" error. I will admit that it happens much less frequently than before, but it still happens once or twice a week. Any further updates planned?

Journeyman

im not really sure about that. i have not had that problem. i would call customer service. they probably have to give you codes or something.

Journeyman

8/26 - LG Rumor Touch Maintenance Release

I am having INCREASED problems with sending and receiving messages with my LG Rumor Touch. I have gone as long as a 1/2 hour and MULTIPLE power ups trying to get my msgs sent. I get time out codes and when I try to Update my phone I get 7777 error. I am currently operating on the LN510ZVC S/W version.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat