Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN settings on my G8 are greyed out

Highlighted
Journeyman

APN settings on my G8 are greyed out

Hi,

I am using a sim unlocked Sprint LG G8 ThinQ in Ireland.........I puchased it from an Ebay seller based in Texas, selling them as new handsets.

My Irish sim card will only activate on the GSM/UMTS service and the setting to change the APN settings is greyed out without a 3 dot drop down menu.

Is it possible to get the APN from my Irish cell provider into this handset, or am I wasting my time ???

Please help!!!!!

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: APN settings on my G8 are greyed out

I have dialled ##3282# ans got into some APN settings but when I try and edit.......it asks me for a "service code"

Any ideas???

Is this a Sprint service code or a LG service code??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it possible someone could give me a service code to try and get my phone working.

It is outside the US, it will never be in the US or on the Sprint network again. I am in Ireland and if I can't get help it will just be a $400 paperweight!

Please help.

Highlighted
Community Manager

LG's are finicky about APN settings.  Usually, they require the device to be active on an account and SIM before it will display APN settings.  Sometimes you can create as new and enter your APN settings.  I can give you your service code, I just need you to PM me the MEID.

@IrishG8 wrote:

Is it possible someone could give me a service code to try and get my phone working.

It is outside the US, it will never be in the US or on the Sprint network again. I am in Ireland and if I can't get help it will just be a $400 paperweight!

Please help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi.....I sent you on the PM a couple of days ago.

Cheers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, I am having the same issue with an LG phone. Can you help me as well?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having the same issue let me know if you find a fix

Highlighted
Journeyman

Probably not what you guys want to hear.........but I gave up and sent the phone back to the vendor.

From what I gather......the handsets first have to be activated on the Sprint network, with a Sprint SIM card in order to populate the APN settings and as far as I am aware, the APN menu will then be available to be edited.

But I could be wrong!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks for the reply i'll be sure to keep this in mind

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hey everyone. We are looking into this issue. Once I have an update, I will get back you. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

appreciate it thank you

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this same issue. I have an unlocked lg g8, on pie i can edit apn, presently on android 10, it's impossible. Any idea on how to get service code to edit APN is highly appreciated please 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat