cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen

Journeyman

Black Screen

The screen on my LG Optimus S will go black when I make a call and the call goes though fine but the screen never comes back.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Black Screen

my phone started doing this last week.  calls came in and I could not answer them because the phone has no alternate way of answering a call.  I had to literally take the battery out to restart the phone and it's gets frustrating when it happens when an important call comes in.  other times I can be dialing a number or typing a text when the screen goes dark after 2 seconds...I push one of the keys to light the screen and lose all I was doing then the screen goes black again!!!!!

Wizard

Re: Black Screen

I've seen someone else post a similar problem.  The issue was with the proximity sensor, which a factory reset fixed it.

Factory resets are no fun because you have to set up your phone again.  However, many Android programs come with backup options, which helps in the recovery process.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat