cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Plus Not Working on V30+

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calling Plus Not Working on V30+

I recently brought a Sprint LG V30+ to Sprint via a BYOD plan.  I've been able to get most of it set up, but Calling Plus refuses to turn on - it just keeps resetting itself back to the on/off screen each time.  I've reset the PRL, Network, and Program settings and even done a full erase/reset on the phone to no avail.   Level 1 and 2 tech support is so far clueless and has started a ticket on it which will likely take days to be acted on.  I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this...the only thing I can think of based on what I've seen online is that it may require a different Sprint SIM rather than the BYOD Kit B with Nano SIM - SIMOLW416Q.  Calling Plus has got to work in order for me to keep the phone and Sprint.  I'm running the latest Oreo 8.0 update, and everything else has been updated as well.  Thanks.  

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Calling Plus Not Working on V30+

I feel ya. I live in the sticks and depend on my WiFi calling. Let's see. I have several, and I mean several, questions. I need to get a solid understanding of the trouble shooting you've done.

Ready. Set. Fire!

* When were updates last completed on this phone?

* Which carrier did the device originally come from?

* Was the phone unlocked from this carrier?

* What is the MEID/IMEI #?

* What is the sim #?

* Is airplane or do not disturb turned on?

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

if its a Sprint branded phone why would you need to do the BYOD? are you meaning you have a V30+ that you brought to Sprint that was purchased through a different route?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Correct... Specifically because I wanted to be sure Calling Plus would work.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

if you havent already go ahead and send a pm to the agent above with the info she is needing. might just have to add it to your line/activate it. did you have it on any other device prior to this one?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

No..  This is a new device to me... I just began Sprint service after a port-in.  I'm about to send that PM.  Thank you. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Fireguy is correct. I'm needing this info to get a handle on this for you. I sent you a PM asking for some of your account info. I don't want that to show in public.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

ok cool..it just needs to be activated on your account/line then.

Highlighted
Wizard

Who did you port in from?

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

MetroPCS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calling Plus finally activated just now.   Was apparently a misconfiguration on the Sprint network side that was the problem per what I heard over the weekend from tech support.   Swapped to a Sprint non-BYOD SIM card Saturday to no effect - there was a difference in the SKU number.  Now I get to see how well it works in practice...time to go for a drive and get on the phone and Google navigation at the same time.

Highlighted
Community Manager

So great to hear.  Enjoy your journey!

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat