cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing "My PC/Email" to fix "auto-send" HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Journeyman

I received a call from a work colleague that I hadn't talked to in about a year.  He said my phone had been randomly emailing him pictures and described some recent pictures I had taken.  The pictures were going to his email address (although it is nowhere in my contacts in my phone)!  I checked settings and autosend was on, set to "autosend pictures to MY PC/EMAIL".  I have been through every setting in my phone and although I can see "My PC/Email" in "My Places", I can not tell what email address is linked to that.  Where does the phone send the pictures when autosend is activated?  Why would the picks go to a random acquaintance of mine?  Did the pictures go to everyone in my phone contacts?

11 REPLIES
Wizard

To fully help we would need to know what phone you have and what kind of email client you are using (aol, yahoo, gmail or a work account). However, since you stated you do not have your coworkers email in your phone I would look at your computer and check for any auto-forward rules there.

Good evening,

To better assist you, please provide the make and model number for your device/phone. This information can be located in the back of your phone under the battery. Also, to your knowledge do you currently have a personal email account set up on your phone?

I look forward to assisting you

Journeyman

I have an LG Rumor Touch (refurbished).  I checked my emails and no auto-forward rule.  I don't have the email address in there either.  My colleague has an Iphone and so a thought is it might be going as picturemail from my phone and being converted to an email.  He confirmed that this never occurred until I got this "new" phone about 2 months ago.

Journeyman

The model number is LN510 and I receive email from 2 personal email accounts on my phone.  Again, I am interested in knowing where I can see or read what the phone is registering as "My PC/Email".  Thanks.

Journeyman

Sorry I didn't answer all questions in one reply...I am using Hotmail.

Wizard

There are a couple of questions that will help narrow down the issue.  Is your coworker getting the messages anywhere besides the phone, and where do the messages say they're from? Also, if you could, login into http://www.sprint.com/picturemail and under "My Messages" check your sent messages. If you see the messages there they are going through picturemail and being converted to emails.

Journeyman

He's getting them on his phone and they show as coming from my PCS number.  When I log into picturemail they do not show under sent messages.  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with auto-send, because he described "accidental" pictures that I deleted...but he got them anyway.  So...I'm guessing no one knows how to tell what email address is in "My PC/Email".  Is this a known defect?  Seems like it's out of the users and Sprint's control. 

Wizard

To tell which address is set to "auto-send", go to your main menu > Photos & Videos > Auto-Send > Auto-Send Places. There you should see "My PC/Email" tap on it. In there you will see "Recipient Email" with the email that it's set to auto send to. There you can make any necessary changes or remove it completely.

I'm not aware of this being a known defect with the phone, and have never seen it before. I believe you're right, and that auto-send is at the root of the problem, if it is happening with every picture we may want to disable the feature by going to main menu > Photos & Videos > Auto-Send > Disable Auto-Send, and seeing if the problem continues.

Journeyman

FYI...recipient's email was blank.  So it shouldn't have been going anywhere, right?