cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service cannot figure this out! They say my phones are unlocked, but only one is.

Journeyman

Customer service cannot figure this out! They say my phones are unlocked, but only one is.

I'm hoping someone can help as I see many other users reporting the same issue - that customer service over the phone cannot seem to figure out why a phone is not unlocking. It's been hours of calls to various departments at Sprint and no one can help!

I have paid off all 3 phones on my account and all 3 are showing "unlocked" in sprint's systems, however, only one phone is actually unlocked. The two other phones show invalid SIM when I try to insert another carrier's SIM card. I have tried UICC unlock from the updates menu to no avail.  I have factory reset the 2 phones that wont unlock after inserting the SIM and still nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that the two phones which did not unlock were both powered off for a day or two after our phone lines were paid off. And I hear this is the timing for when the unlock signal gets sent down to the phones.

Can someone please assist?  Can this unlock "signal" be resent?  UICC Unlock initiated from the two phones show errors that it cannot update the profile.

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care

Re: Customer service cannot figure this out! They say my phones are unlocked, but only one is.

Hi cdools00!

Thank you for reaching out to us with this concern, we've received your private message, I will be replying to you shortly.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat