cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Rumor Touch have the Push-to-Talk function?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does the Rumor Touch have the Push-to-Talk function?

If so, what do I need to do to get it.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Does the Rumor Touch have the Push-to-Talk function?

No, PTT is only available on Nextel phones.

Journeyman

That is incorrect.  Sprint does have phones that is capible of PTT and are called Hybrid or Powersource phones.

A perfect example would be the Motorola Rennagade or the Sanyo Pro 700.  Sprint just does not sell them on sprint.com, you should be able to find some of them at a retail store.

Master

Sprint discontinued sales of QChat phones last Nov 29th or shortly thereafter as far as I know, I doubt you'd be able to find one in any Sprint store. Maybe ebay, craigslist. They are no longer developing any more so the original question of if it's available for the Rumor Touch is still no.

Android phones do have an app available similiar to PTT, It's called TIKL

Sprint phones that have QChat

• Sanyo Pro 200
  • Sanyo Pro 700
  • LG LX400
  • Motorola V950

Samsung Z400

• Samsung Z700
Journeyman

Levi,

I have had the pro 700 going on four years now, and just recently been able to use the DC feature. Do you think Spint is going to come out with new powersource phones now that the service is available?

Master

Future of push-to-talk

. As the Network Vision transformation unfolds, Sprint expects to launch the next-generation of PTT services in 2011 on the CDMA network, offering customers sub-second call setup time along with robust data capabilities.

This is taken for a December 06 2010 news release   watch for further informtion

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat