cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Messaging (RCS) doesn't work

Highlighted
Journeyman

Enhanced Messaging (RCS) doesn't work

From the day I've bought the G6, the option for enhanced messaging has been absent of this phone. I had it on my old HTC phone.

What gives?

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Enhanced Messaging (RCS) doesn't work

which HTC phone had it previously?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The HTC 10, although it was not really working correctly all the time.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

since the Samsung line (or at least some of them) just received this ability recently for their side im thinking its in the works but unknown on when it will actually get kicked out. which app were you using on the 10 that allowed this?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

Enhanced messaging is disabled for now on the LG G6 though Android Messages does have some of that functionality.  It is expected to be enabled sometime in the near future but I don't have a specific date.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

In light of Sprint's press release of Nov. 4, 2016 (http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-is-the-first-carrier-to-launch-rcs-messaging-with-google.htm), I think an explanation is owed.

"Next year, all new Android devices from Sprint will come with Messenger for Android preloaded as the default SMS and RCS messaging experience."

In my reading, that's a broken promise.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

would probably help if you added in the rest of what it said.

"Subscribers currently using >>select LG and Nexus phones from Sprint<< will have the messaging experience upgraded automatically through an app update, and subscribers using other Android devices can download Messenger from the Play store.

it did not however say which select devices.

and if you look on your phone in front of you..does it not have the Google messenger app on it? pre loaded?
Highlighted
GrandMaster

or this part

" Sprint customers will have their standard SMS experience upgraded through the Messenger app for Android devices, >>developed by Google<<.>>> The service will be powered by the Jibe RCS cloud from Google.<<<
Highlighted
Journeyman

G6 only comes with the Google app for texting. And yet, no RCS from this 2017 phone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

and did you see who kicks it out and who is in control of it?
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any word yet as to when they will add this to the G6? My fiance has the S8 and she's got the enhanced features however I still do not on my LG G6.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm quite upset about the lack of support for a promised feature, and the fact that nobody at Sprint seems to care. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat