cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Messaging (RCS) doesn't work

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Enhanced Messaging (RCS) doesn't work

i just received an update last week for Google Messages and i now have the option to mess with chat features...the ability however is still not fully active..so were waiting on something else to kick it off..so we are a step closer to it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

@csamolot if your wife is using a Samsung device and is using the stock Samsung app to use chat i dont believe they will cross with each other (google messages-Samsung messaging app). i think both of you will need to run the Google messaging app in order to use this feature.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

We'll my fiance is now using Android Messages as am I and still no RCS enhanced features. It would be nice to have it as my fiance does and all my apps are fully updates as well as carrier services.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you set android messages as your default messaging app on both devices correct?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

just got word that LG has yet to kick out RCS yet for the G6. its in the works but has not been kicked out yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We'll that explains it. Not sure why they haven't yet. To answer your previous question though yes they are both set to default.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

there are multiple RCS threads im in so i missed the part that this was for a LG phone.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I'm still waiting for the update too.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

personally i just want to try it out..not life or death for me to know if someone viewed my text or not lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just messing around with my daughters Samsung J3 and even her phone has RCS enabled. I find it odd that Sprint has yet to activate this on the G6 which is supposed to be a flagship phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We do know that you want to enjoy the benefits that can offer Android Messages (RCS). But at the moment is available on select Sprint post-paid phones. We are expanding the list of the devices continuously. 

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally have RCS on my LG G6!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat