cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Sync Issue LG Optimus

SOLVED
Journeyman

Facebook Sync Issue LG Optimus

I am trying to sync my facebook with my contacts and when I click it nothing happens.  Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it?  Thanks!

12 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Facebook Sync Issue LG Optimus

It's the other way around, I think.  If you have the Facebook application, your phone contacts receive synchronization data from the Facebook contacts.  However, the Facebook contact information is not updated with the information in your Google contacts.

Journeyman

Okay but I still am not able to sync it.  Has this happened to you and can you fix it?

Wizard

Mine appears to sync okay.  If you are using the Facebook app made by Facebook, open it and tap the Facebook logo at the top to get to the home page.  Then tap menu, settings, sync contacts.  Make a selection to Sync all or Sync with existing contacts.  Tap Okay and exit the application.  Tap menu, settings, accounts & sync, Facebook, and then remove the check mark and add it back again to trigger a new synchronization.  Hopefully, that should work.  Please note that the Google contacts should have the same name (or very similar) in order to synchronize the data with Facebook.

Journeyman

Thank you that worked.  Again thank you for the help.

Journeyman

I am having problems with duplicate contacts too.  I tried turning off the checkmark next to facebook and turning it back on for a forced sync, but I still have duplicates.  I went back in first and made sure that the names matched up.  still no help.  any ideas?

Wizard

If the contact name is the same (or very similar) in Facebook as it is in Google, then Android will merge the information.  Thus, if you have duplicate contacts, you may just have two of the same name in Google.  Try this:

1. Log on to Gmail
  2. Click Contacts
  3. Under "More actions" click Find and Merge duplicates

Finally, force sync the contacts to refresh on your phone.  Hope that helps.

Journeyman

Is syncing with Facebook supposed to make your contact's pictures their default from facebook or just get there phone numbers?

Wizard

If you manually assign a picture, I think the phone will use the manual selection over the facebook picture.

Journeyman

I was wondering if there was any way to have my facebook profile sync with my phone? I have all of my contacts synced and when I text with some of my friends I can see their picture but mine just has the little android. Does anybody know how I can sync my profile to my phone so my facebook picture and status updates and comments shows up?

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.